This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- Popup Opt-in Forms: Case Studies, WordPress Plugins, and Alternatives – A look at who is using popup opt-in forms to build their mailing list, case studies about their effectiveness, and the top WordPress opt-in form plugins.
Blogging / Content
- 50 Free Summer Titles For Blogs & Other Content Marketing – With summer just around the corner, here are 50 free blog and content marketing titles with additional suggestions to provide the inspiration you need to fill your editorial calendar for the next few months.
- 26 Ways to Create Engaging Content – Social Media Engagement: how to use content to nurture engagement with your audience in a way that’s easy and manageable.
- How to Write Fast (A Short Introduction to Speed Writing) – Most writers whoâ€™ve yet to be introduced to fast writing techniques can easily double their writing speed within a few days. If you can do that, youâ€™ll also double your daily word count. If youâ€™re paid per word, youâ€™ll double your earning potential too.
- How to Make Your Ebook Marketing Campaign *Almost* Perfect – Recently, a campaign by Easypurl got me clicking, and I wanted to evaluate why. So I went back and reviewed the entire campaign, from the first touch to the last. What I found was a good reminder for all of us: how one mistake can undermine an otherwise outstanding campaign.
- 13 WordPress Plugins to Sort and Display Your Best Content – Here are some the best ones to get started with to help you discover your best content and share it with your visitors to encourage them to stick around on your website longer!
Business / Career
- Strategies For Pursuing The Dream On The Side, Outside Of Work – Whether itâ€™s writing a book, picking up a sport, or getting a new job, there will be times you want to work on something expansive and important that isnâ€™t your day-to-day job. Here are some strategies and tips inspired by published authors who wrote their works while juggling a different day career for getting it all done.
- 7 Steps to Getting That $100,000 Deal – VP of sales, Ben Sardella, created a 7 step process you can use to generate millions of dollars in revenue each year. He used the same strategy at TRUSTe and he took them from being a non-profit to generating $16,000,000 in annual sales.
- How To Gain The Ultimate Competitive Advantage by Not Losing Customers – Focusing on customer retention is super important because the effort needed to keep a customer is a fraction of the effort needed to acquire a new one.
- 9 Rules for a Simpler Day – These are the steps I followed, though of course calling them â€œrulesâ€ means we should test them and break them as needed. No rules should be followed blindly. Iâ€™ve found these to work really well, though.
- You Can Market Your Business Yourself (and Iâ€™ll Help) – Discover how to combine solid marketing and great design to build a brand that grows your business in the Mastery programs.
Search Engines / SEO
- The True Value of Link Building in Post-Penguin Era – What I really love about SEO, as a profession and an industry, is that it continues to challenge its practitioners. While search constantly enhances and evolves itself, it also tests and changes/improves our own views and principles along the process.
- 5 Alternative Free Backlink Analysis Tools – These tools are rarely talked about but can provide valuable insights.
- Google’s Matt Cutts Issues New Warning on Advertorials & Paid Content – Advertorials have been popping up on websites more frequently over the past year or two. Google could penalize your site if you don’t make a proper disclosure. Here are the guidelines webmasters need to know for advertorials and native advertising.
- Niche Site Duel 2.0.1 â€“ How to Conduct Keyword Research and SEO Analysis – Patâ€™s demonstration on how he conducts keyword researching, using both free and paid tools.
- Penguin 2.0 Losers: Porn Sites, Game Sites, & Big Brands Like Dish.com & The Salvation Army – Googleâ€™s fourth Penguin update â€” what the company is calling Penguin 2.0 â€” hit last night, and less than 24 hours later weâ€™re already getting a first chance to look at what sites might be considered â€œlosersâ€ in terms of search visibility.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 10 Pinterest Tips and Tools To Help Grow Your Business – As Pinterest gets more and more users every day, lots of different tools and features pop up to help businesses grow, by making it easier to increase your traffic and leads. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of Pinterest.
- Fix Google+’s Biggest Annoyances with These Userscripts – Last week at Google I/O, the company’s social network got a big facelift. In some ways, it looks great, but it also introduced a slew of new problems. Enter userscripts to clean things up.
- Social Media ROI: You Get What You Give Without Expectation – Are you giving more than you take in social media? Are you sharing your best stuff? Adding value? Building real relationships?
- What a Real Relationship in Social Media Should Look Like – Social media should be all about relationships, but lately, not so much. Here’s how businesses can bring back that personal touch.
- Twitter Analytics Tools: 3 Tools to Help Your Business – 3 Great twitter analytics tools that will help you grow your presence on twitter and help you become more successful on twitter.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Photo of the Week
7 Minute Workout
Ok, the video is actually 9 minutes because they give you a break. While this isn’t Insanity, it’s certainly better than not working out at all.