Although Thanksgiving is not an international holiday, I think it is one during which everyone can celebrate the spirit of thankfulness in three easy ways that is applicable to your personal and blogging lives.
What Are You Thankful For
The first way is by asking yourself what you are thankful for. This is a great question to contemplate the answer to because it will help you see what progress you have made this year. Maybe you don’t feel like you have accomplished everything you wanted to do in 2010. But with this question, you should stop thinking about what you didn’t accomplish, and be thankful for what you did accomplish.
Who Are You Thankful For
The second way is to ask yourself who you are thankful for. Has your family been extra supportive of all of your goals and intentions? Have you had a mentor that has helped guide you to finding what you need to become successful? Have you found a partner to work with to help you achieve your goals?
Show Them Your Gratitude
Finally, take time today to show gratitude to those who have helped and supported you. Share your thankfulness by email, in a blog post, via Twitter, on Facebook walls, and so on. Let people know that you appreciate them for everything they have done, whether they know they have or not.
What am I Thankful For?
I’m thankful for many things this year. I couldn’t list them all, but the highlights include having:
- An amazing husband who is always encouraging me to work towards my goals and helps me with them everyday, whether it is by giving me a dance lesson at the end of the longest day of the week, helping me improve my tennis game by practicing with me, coming up with great business plans and financial forecasts, or simply helping calm me down when I’m feeling overwhelmed.
- A supportive family to share everything with, from the little victories (like beating my nemesis at tennis) to holidays gatherings.
- A chance at Blog World to connect with some awesome people that I had only known online before.
- The BEST blogging community to engage with in the comments, on social media, via IM, and by email.
As far as accomplishments, I am thankful that I have been able to:
- Find a relatively healthy balance between being on the computer for an average of 10 – 12 hours a day and being active in tennis (breaking into the 3.5 NTRP rating) and ballroom dancing (performing in my first competition in 2 weeks).
- Contribute to authority sites that I consider home to only the best of the best in the industry.
- Finally break through the barrier of earning more than I spend on my online endeavors.
- Develop (thanks to my hubby) my first five year business plan EVER.
So, I Ask You…
What are you thankful for today?
Holiday update: Don’t worry, Fetching Friday is on as always for tomorrow. In fact, it will be a special edition that will go live shortly after midnight MST that you don’t want to miss!