This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- How to Organize Finances with FreshBooks – Find out how to organize your finances using FreshBooks including invoice management, expense monitoring, time tracking, and reporting.
Blogging / Content
- 11 Amazing Tools For Generating Blog Topic Ideas – Itâ€™s really just a matter of using the right tools to help get the creative juices flowing, and outlined below are some of the best tools I have found for generating new blog topic ideas.
- The Mystery of the Single Post That Attracts 46% of All My Google Traffic – In this post I intend to discover the answer to questions in the hope that I can duplicate the postâ€™s success. Read on to find out whether I did!
- 30 Tips to Improve Your Writing Now – Part of becoming a great writer is practice. You become a better writer with every email, story or blog post you draft. There also are things you can do to improve your writing immediately.
- No Reader? No Problem! How to Follow Your Favorite Blogs without an RSS Reader – As Google Reader shuts down, writer Sharon Hurley Hall asks whether marketers need an RSS reader any more.
- 12 Tips on Creating the G.O.A.T Editorial Calendar – Hopefully this will give you a jump start on your editorial calendar for the next couple months.
Business / Career
- The Best TED Talks For Internet Marketers & Bloggers – These are all of the best TED talks for internet marketers & bloggers including a couple of my personal favourites along the way! Get inspired now!
- 16 Must-Listen Business Podcasts – Social Media Explorer authors weigh in about their favorite podcasts that they regularly listen to. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and subscribe to the programs on this list of top business podcasts.
- 5 Email A/B Split Test Ideas You Havenâ€™t Tried – If you’re looking for ideas on what to test, here are 5 email A/B test ideas you can experiment with which you have likely never tried.
- 5 Quick Things You Can Do This Week to Fix Your Marketing – Consultants like to call this the â€œlow-hanging fruit.â€ In other words, the few important problems they can fix quickly and look like geniuses.
- 8 Lies that Sabotage Your Success Every Single Time – Do you tell yourself lies that end up sabotaging your success? Do you know how to stop them so you unleash your success?
Search Engines / SEO
- The PPC Guide for B2B Professionals – Learn how B2B market characteristics can influence and inform your PPC campaigns in this PPC guide for business-to-business companies.
- SEO Cheat Sheet: 15 Common Oversights Found During Site Audits – SEO has become a very complex job. Has it become too complicated for you to continue doing it yourself? Use this helpful list and related questions to test your SEO knowledge â€“ and determine whether it’s time to call in an SEO professional.
- 22 Link Building Tips from @xightph – Links will always play an important role in the search, aside from the fact that itâ€™s the core in which most search enginesâ€™ algorithms are based on â€“ itâ€™s still the best way to rank content.
- SEO Link Building Experts â€“ Interview Round Up – A curated list of interviews from SEO industry leaders focused on link building. Great information and insights shared.
- Heart to Heart About Link Building – Whiteboard Friday – With best practices for link building continuously changing, it can be difficult to keep track of which work well and which should be removed from our repertoire. In today’s Whiteboard Friday, Michael King makes a case for dropping some tactics in favor of others.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to Find Great Content to Share on Twitter – Here are 3 ways to discover content that drives greater engagement with your Twitter following.
- LinkedIn Gradually Rolling Out Ability to Comment/Like Status Updates as Your Company – LinkedIn is gradually rolling out the ability to comment/like posts on your Company Page as your company. Check it out!
- How To Use Twitter Data for Really Targeted Outreach – Something I found really interesting during my study was that sites that influential people share on Twitter tend to be really good websites! Compared to sites that simply rank for outreach queries, I felt a lot like the social data was a better source of inspiration.
- 9 Creative Ways to Use Social Media to Launch a Product – Here’s how we used social media to launch a new website. You’ll discover unique ways to launch your next product or service.
- How to Showcase Your Work Using LinkedIn’s ‘Professional Portfolio’ Feature – Learn how to easily build a professional portfolio on LinkedIn to showcase your work and stand out from other job seekers.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and share your best blog post from this week for other members to visit!
Mirror City Timelapse
Bonus points if you can tell me how they produce this kind of video!