This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Sorry the delay on this week’s post – I was migrating to a new hosting company this week. Say hello to Kikolani powered by Synthesis!
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- Why You Should Care About Gmail’s New Tabs as a Blogger, Marketer, Freelancer, and a User – Are you a blogger, Internet marketer, freelancer, or Gmail user? Find out how the new Gmail interface affects you and what to do about it.
- What Happened After I Closed Guest Post Submissions – Curious about the difference between accepting guest posts and not? Here’s the results, comparing eight months of traffic and subscriber data.
Blogging / Content
- 317 Power Words That’ll Instantly Make You a Better Writer – Ever wish there was a shortcut to tap into your readers’ emotions? An easy way to make them feel exactly what you want? Well now there is!
- How Freelance Bloggers Land Book Deals [And You Can Too] – Do you find yourself saying “I could write the book on that”? Do you like the idea of an advance payment and ongoing royalties? Let’s do this.
- 12 Blog Post Tips To Rock Your Editorial Calendar – To help you break free from your blog prison, here are twelve tips that will rock your editorial calendar with inspired blog posts,
- Testing Your Blog Design to Increase Conversions – If you write a piece of content, why visually package it the same? Learn how to step it up by testing your blog design to increase your conversions.
- 7 Simple Fixes for the Writing Mistakes that Brand You an Amateur – Wondering how to improve your writing? Here’s a list of common grammar errors and seven techniques for writing stronger, clearer prose.
Business / Career
- Why People Fail – But I’ve found, when dealing with people who are just getting started, there’s something else that trips them up.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Inbound Lead Generation – New to inbound marketing? Check out this easy-to-understand introduction to how lead generation fits in.
- 21 Call to Action Examples and 3 Rules for Effective CTAs – On a quest for 101 call to action examples, I learned something new about CTAs. Review 21 calls to action and 3 criteria for effective CTAs.
- How to Stop Procrastinating on Your Goals by Using the Seinfeld Strategy – Stop procrastinating by following the most famous comedian’s advice on becoming a better you. Here is how.
- The (Not-So-Secret) Secret to Turning Your Website Traffic into Paying Customers – To convert traffic to customers you have to start with a compelling and trustworthy offer. But just throwing up a button on your home page won’t get the job done.
Search Engines / SEO
- An Introduction to SEO for Small Businesses – In this post, we’re going to cover the SEO basics that you need to know to ensure that search optimization for your business is done correctly from the start.
- The Key to Empowering your Marketing Team – In today’s Whiteboard Friday, Rand tackles the big challenges many internal marketing teams face, and outlines a way to bring structure and empowerment back to your marketers.
- 5 Steps To Clean Up Your Links Like A Techie – This column contains a five-step process outlining how to determine if you have a problem, how to analyze it, and then how to clean it up.
- 100 SEO Tips and Internet Marketing Insights: Takeaways from 100 Days with Bruce Clay – After 100 days working with Bruce Clay, Kristi Kellogg shares the top 100 internet marketing insights and SEO tips she’s learned from the man who named it.
- Google’s Matt Cutts: Duplicate Content Won’t Hurt You, Unless It Is Spammy – In a video posted this week, Matt Cutts answers, “How does required duplicate content (terms and conditions, etc.) affect search?”
Social Media / Social Networking
- 3 Social Media Automation Tools for Marketers – Discover 3 social media automation tools to help you be more productive and efficient with the execution of your social media strategy.
- How to Use Your Facebook Cover Image to Generate Leads – Facebook used to prohibit any calls to action or even any contact information on your cover image. The good news is, the guidelines have changed! Now you can now include contact information, pricing, and calls to action in your timeline cover photo.
- 19 Reasons Your Social Media Might Not Work Out the Way You Planned – Your social media campaigns don’t always work out the way you expect. Here are 19 reasons why.
- 17 Ways Marketers Can Leverage Facebook Graph Search – Use Facebook Graph Search to perform focused searches that will return better, more accurate search results that can be of real use to your business.
- The $21,000 Tweet – Jason Miller shows how tracking leads from social can influence pipeline and revenue won. He reveals how first touch analysis and a single tweet led to a deal worth $21,000. In addition he includes tips for making sure your social impacts the sales funnel all the way through.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and share your best blog post from this week for other members to visit!
Bonus points if you can explain how this video was created!