Interviews are something that not most bloggers do, like video blogging (or vlogging). IMHO it’s something that lifts your blog into a higher standard than the rest of the blogs in the entire sphere. If you want to play the game and win, you have to hustle with every post. Let’s take a look at interviews, from the benefits to how to conduct them, plus some great tips!
Benefits of Interviews on Your Blog
The following are just some of the best benefits of conducting interviews for your blog.
- It gives you a boost in traffic. You will have two people promoting the post on their networks – you and the interviewee. If the interviewee is prominent you will also get a great backlink from a high PR site/blog.
- You will get great exposure to the interviewees network. You may even gain some new regular readers that sign up to your newsletter and subscribe to your feed.
- You can stockpile interviews, if you get a break and make contact with a lot of interesting people. This will give you excellent content you can post when you suffer from inspiration deprivation or take a slight break from blogging by scheduling posts for the future.
- It will save you time. If you’re like myself and Kristi, researching and writing a blog post takes longer than the some who cut, paste and spin of content. This type of content practically writes itself. Get a great video, look for a quote and paste some images and voila! You’re done.
- You expose your readers to different views. Chances are the experts you interview will have a different voice than your own. It’s like having guest bloggers, but you’re still the blog post editor.
- You build relationships with people you will never meet or network with in any other way.
- You learn a lot along the way by delving into the experiences and insights of someone who offers a different view to your own. Every person’s experience in an industry/niche is unique, and therefore you learn from their triumphs and mistakes you don’t have to make.