This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, #FollowFriday recommendations, some personal news, another PageRank update, previews and reviews, and an engaging music video.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have stumbledupon this week.
Blogging / Design
- Using Thesis? Submit your site to the Thesis Gallery
- Comment spam and PageRank sculpting
- What comes first? Family or blogging?
- From blogging to pro-blogging
- 20 things all bloggers should do
- 55 sexy our work page designs
- When the conversation movesoff of your blog
- How has your blog changed you offline?
Tech / SEO
- Do SEO clients deserve a nofollow discount?
- How to get top 10 search results for your web pages
- Dofollow blogs to improve your Pagerank
- Firefox SEO Blogger – optimize posts as you write
- 51 points for on-page optimization
- Absolutely useful Firefox plugins for web designers and developers
- Hackers and phishers plan to capitalize on tragedy
- Another good explanation of how the Google algorithm has changed in terms of nofollow
- 15 sites to find a free Twitter background
- 100 free music lessons you can take on YouTube
- How to unfollow those who are not following you
- Twitter SEO tips
- Twitter plug-ins for WordPress
- Should you stay at your cushy job?
- 15 job interview horror stories
- Facing a layoff with defiance
- Do you have plan B ready?
Personal Development / Growth / Self Improvement
- Well-being is better than happiness
- Your 24 possible personal strengths
- Dealing with negative people
- Create a morning phrase to shape your day
- 7 tips for achieving your goals
- Who needs approval?
- To have or not to have internet etiquette
- Working on what has been neglected
- Be on time every time
Last, but not Least
- From Birth to Realization of the Word
- Other people
- Linkin Park’s “New Divide” from Transformers
- A little comparison
#FollowFriday Recommendations on Twitter
Here are my #followfriday recommendations.
Also, if you enjoy this post and my tweets on blogging, social media, photography, and more, be sure to give me a shout out as follows:
RT @kikolani Fetching Friday – Resources, #FollowFriday, Personal News & PageRank (Again) > http://bit.ly/13IpYF
This has been hell week. Last week at my job, my small department was cut in half, and the four of us left have been overloaded with our own work plus the stuff from our former colleagues. And next month is in the air as to what we will be doing, as the work we were originally hired for is being outsourced. The resume is getting updated this weekend, just in case.
So needless to say, with the stress of job uncertainty and the extra workload, I haven’t kept up on my site as much as I would have liked. I’m hoping to catch up soon on comments, replies, and new articles though. I just wanted you all to know that I haven’t turned evil and started ignoring my readers! I truly appreciate all the comments and social network shares very much!
My site’s design made it to the front page of the Thesis Gallery. I was featured in an article on top 10 blog designs, and also in an interview on Clickkt.com. And last, but not least, I finished my first freelance WordPress customization project for this Phoenix dance studio.
Didn’t PageRank just happen last month? Yes. And it happened again just a few days ago. Kikolani remains at a PR 4, and Soulmates Wedding got a PR 1, which is interesting considering I haven’t done any SEO work on it at all. My freelance project mentioned above also went up from PR 2 to PR 3, so getting it uploaded on Monday must have paid off.
I usually take the time out to check individual article PR, but the site I used last time doesn’t seem to do it anymore. Any suggestions as to other freebie internal page PR checkers are welcome.
Week in Review
Thankfully, I had a guest post this week on things you could be doing besides checking statistics. Without that, I’d be at a loss for new articles, and there’s nothing worse for me in terms of blogging than to have an empty article week.
Preview for the week of 22 June 2009
Since I missed my planned posts this week on continuing the Benefits of Blogging series and the Mt. Lemmon photos, I will be posting those next week.
This was sent to me by one of my friends on StumbleUpon. The visuals in combination with the beat make it quite an interesting video. Enjoy!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.