This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup and a cool highlight reel from Blog World Expo 2009 on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Community and traffic takes time and patience – 8 things you need to know about building both for your blog.
- Become a playful blogger and inject some energy into your blogging – video and transcript of what to experiment with to get your audience excited about your blog.
- Creative social sharing to promote your blog – a look at social networking groups, repurposing content, ebooks, and more.
- How to build a reputation with your blog: interact with your audience – the third article in a great series about blogging and reputation.
- Long term blogging strategies: which ones are yours? A look at what will help you be successful in the long run.
- 7 Facebook marketing tips from the pros – great tips from the top industry pros.
- 35 of the best Facebook guides of 2010 – posts on Facebook marketing, advertising, search, SEO, apps, tools, and much more.
- 10 Facebook advertising tips for brilliant marketers – not your average tips either!
- 12 best ways to customize Facebook pages – a look at the 12 best apps and services, including the level of experience needed to use them, cost, and other important factors.
- How to separate Facebook profiles from business pages – part 2 which covers 11 things you need to know about page management.
- How link building can give you or your client a bad online reputation – a look at how bad neighborhoods and other link building methods can make a website look bad.
- 62 queries for writing ultimate guides to build links, generate leads, and build legacy – a huge list of great queries to find the best examples of content that will be link worthy, identify outdated pillars of wisdom, and identify your guide’s linking audience.
- 6 link building tools for better online visibility – a mix of the most popuplar free and premium tools.
- How to promote link worthy content – 9 different link types and promotional strategies to pursue.
- Google’s affiliated link patent – will Google rank pages differently based on who owns each of the pages?
Mailing Lists / Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- The power of free and why it’s not all about paid gigs – what you should be focusing on aside from making money when guest blogging and social networking.
- Top 30 young bloggers and entrepreneurs – see the new bloggers in the game to be retired by 21!
- Living self employed online: the manual they forgot to give you – 13 lessons from 18 months of self employment.
- Google, user experience, and thinking beyond conversion – how Google “trains” advertisers and the future of user experience in relationship to conversions.
- How to find and sell .co domain names for profit – how to find good domain names and the tools to do it.
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- How well do you know your true self? 7 things you need to discover about you.
- 40 rules to live your life by – a simple yet inspirational list.
- Letting go to succeed – what you need to let go of to be able to move forward.
- Deep death bed thoughts – how to prioritize what is important to you by thinking about what you will think about (or regret) the most at the end.
- 101 ways to live life to the fullest – lots of tips to help yourself enjoy life.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Google’s history: a visual look at the Google search engine timeline – interesting infographic about Google’s path to domination.
- Selling SEO services: a consultative approach – understanding the buyers buying process vs. their buy process and screening bad opportunities.
- They myth of Toolbar PageRank – what you need to know about PageRank and Toolbar PageRank with examples of each and shy you should give a s#&!.
- It’s official: Yahoo results now come from Bing! Also, don’t miss the related 6 ways to replace Yahoo linkdomain searches.
- Google launches real time search and tools – learn how to get an email as soon as someone mentions your business or brand on Twitter.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Revolt! Angry Digg users want their baby back – what is missing from the new Digg.
- An open letter to social media abusers – what social media is and is not about.
- 9 ways to sell social media to the boss – how to show the executive valuable data, guidelines, and more.
- 7 social bookmarking tools you should know about – if you are looking to get to know your social networking friends better or make submissions easier, check out these apps.
- Top 10 social media marketing campaigns of all time – roller babies, meerkats, the Old Spice man, and more.
- 9 ways to use Twitter lists – learn more about your niche, your coworkers, your competitors, and even stay entertained!
- Twitter background design – great tips and gorgeous examples for your Twitter designing inspiration.
- Top 5 indispensable Twitter tools for marketers – how to find people in your niche, flush those who don’t follow you, schedule tweets, and manage your accounts.
- A guide to following people on Twitter – includes an interesting flowchart / infographic.
- Can Twitter turn a revenue trickle into a stream? What will be the return on investment for advertisers using Promoted Tweets?
- How to secure WordPress against disasters and being hacked – steps to take from when you install WordPress to plugins and other added layers of security.
- WordPress themes for video blogging – if you are entering the vlogging world, ehre are the themes collections you need!
- .htaccess trick to redirect all traffic while working on a WordPress site – also comes in handy if your site gets hacked.
- Create a status blog using Pingdom WordPress plugin – somewhere users can go regarding accessibliity of a site.
- Blog marketing WordPress plugins – 10 plugins to help you market your blog.
Get the Copywriting Scorecard for Bloggers Before September 1st!
I know, I know, you’re probably tired of hearing it. But you know what, this little ebook is that important to bloggers and writers who want their content to be more engaging to readers and search friendly. So if you are waffling about getting it, here’s the little extra nudge. It is only $9.97 now, and the price will go up to $29.97 on September 1st. So check out my review on the ways it can be beneficial to your writing and buy it now before the price jumps!
Highlights from Blog World Expo 2009
I knew there would be online celebrities, but hollywood celebrities? Take a look at this highlight reel that got me really excited about heading to BWE in October.