This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup and two Corgis on a treadmill on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 4 ways bloggers can use Google Insights for brainstorming – help fight writer’s block with suggestions from Google.
- How I generated over 6,000 ideas to write about in 15 minutes – one great reason why your blog should have a mailing list!
- How to build a reputation with a blog: differentiate – this is the 5th post in a great series about building your personal brand through blogging.
- 10 subtle lies that cripple bloggers – if you are letting these things hold you back, it’s time to stop now.
- Is guest posting traffic valuable for your blog? An analysis and tips on how to land great guest post spots.
- How to send updates to Facebook fans based on their location – great tip for local marketing!
- Get more exposure for your blog posts and other wall posts using Facebook tagging –
- How to allow photo tagging by fans on your Facebook page – good tip to get your fans involved and active on your page.
- Using Facebook like to market your business – what do you need to get people to “like” you and to keep from un-liking you,
- 10 top Facebook pages and why they are successful – a case study of awesome Facebook pages.
- How to use your bounce rate for link building purposes – 3 tips to work this metric into link building.
- 4 creative link building tactics – Whiteboard Friday video and transcript.
- How to prevent getting banned by Google – comprehensive look at the ways link building can get you banned and how to avoid it.
- 6 metrics you need to manage your link building – track these key things to know how your campaign is progressing.
- 7 crucial keyword types for link prospect querying – covers marketing defining keywords, customer defining keywords, product / category keywords, and more.
Mailing Lists / Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- Bloggers: position yourself where the money is – how to get more by going local.
- YouSayToo: a blog network with revenue sharing – how to increase Adsense and Amazon affiliates income on this network.
- Choosing between a blog, microsite, or landing page – how to decide when launching a new product.
- Why small advertisers can’t use Adwords anymore – plus alternatives.
- 92 online marketing terms and metrics you should know – comprehensive list for beginners.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 10 ways to stay organized online – how to tame the information overload.
- 101 positive affirmations that will kick your inner critic’s ass – just what we all need sometimes.
- 21 tips to boost your blogging mood – while focused on blogging, they are great tips for boosting your mood in any work or writing environment.
- 7 keys for setting realistic goals – how to set and keep your goals.
- Where does your path lead – is the path we are on where we really want to go, or just wishful thinking.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- 9 SEO tips that benefit your visitors – these tips are not just for search engines – so if you don’t like SEO for SEO’s sake, you’ll like these + 30 resources.
- Time for another look at TrustRank concepts – are you known by the company you keep?
- Google ranking factors: an overview of resources – links to see ranking factors for Google organic, Adwords, news, blog, video, images, maps, places, and more.
- SEO philosophy – why you should develop your philosophy for SEO.
- This keyword research tip could add 5,000 visitors a day to your site – simple, yet effective and a must do.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to use social media monitoring tools for outreach marketing – defining keywords, audience, and engagement strategies.
- 11 reasons why I’m a social media addict – 11 great reasons to be attached to social media.
- 5 ways to get the support of social media influencers – what to do and not to do.
- 104 social media case studies – if you don’t think your business can use social media, think again!
- Things to know about StumbleUpon – infographic of the current state of StumbleUpon.
- 7 ways to spy on competitors using Twitter – if you don’t like the idea of spying, consider it learning more about competitors, businesses, bloggers, and brands using publicly accessible information.
- Visualizing how a link spreads through the Twitterverse – great data visualizations showing the power of word of mouth marketing.
- 3 ways to see who unfollowed you on Twitter – one free app, free follow, and premium app that will tell you who unfollows you.
- How to get more retweet action – 12 tips to get more retweets.
- 10 Twitter tools you should definitely know about – you should find at least one you’ve never heard of in this list, if not more.
- 50 beautiful social bookmarking plugins for WordPress – there is something for every self-hosted WordPress blog owner to make their posts easier to share socially.
- How to get rid of HTML in comments – if you want to limit links to just the URL field, this code will remove any HTML in the comment text itself.
- How to install and setup W3 Total Cache for beginners – a throrough guide to choosing the right settings.
- 24 impressive blog plugins you should consider – make your blog go above and beyond with these great suggestions.
- 3 design tutorials that will kickstart your WordPress site – 3 essential design elements that give your blog an above average design.
Last, but Not Least
- Email’s dark side: 10 psychology studies – the downside to email.
- 7 small business marketing tips inspired by Mad Men – learn how each character’s main characteristic can be applied to your marketing strategy.
- Are analytics sharing your personal browsing history? A must read for those concerned with privacy.
- USA Today attempting to usher in a new era of journalism – kind of lik video killed the radio star, how new media is changing journalism.
- Sphinn says goodbye to voting – plus reactions from a power user and those who think Sphinn is dead.
Blog World Updates
If you haven’t registered yet, you have a chance to win free tickets from Mashable by liking their page and answering “What is the future of blogging?” by noon EST on Monday, September 6th. If that doesn’t work out, then just be sure to register by September 16th before registration goes up to full price, plus use code EBIRD for an additional 20% off.
If you are registered, check out the attendee list by BlogLuvr29 and get on it so you can make some local connections at Blog World! Also follow the BWE 10 Attendees List to get to know other attendees!
Two Corgis on a Treadmill
It’s been one of those days, and I decided to just put up a little cuteness shared by Cute Overload, your source for smiles when your day is needing some joy.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.