This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 10 sure-fire blog traffic magnets that make little money, but you still want them – what they are and how to do them.
- Blog marketing strategy – 7 steps to making your content successful with social media and search engines.
- Why bloggers should be freelance writers – one great way for writers to earn income through their blogging.
- 11 ways to get hundreds of great blog post ideas – whenever inspiration fails, look to use these strategies to get more blog post ideas.
- 5 reasons for a healthy blog hiatus – don’t feel bad, there are good reasons to take a little break that can lead to more success in the long run.
- 30 inspiring about me pages – it’s one of the most important pages on your site. Here are some great design inspirations!
- 10 of the best contact us pages – design inspirations for the next most important page on your site.
- 30 examples of smart print advertisements – I wonder if I could get a poster printing of some of these, especially the eggplant.
- 55 inspiring online portfolios – this one was from last week, but it was too good to leave out.
- Do you commit any of these design mistakes – good things to consider when working as a designer.
Making Money Online / Marketing / Online Business
- 4 examples of successful niche websites – a look at four sites with some good critiques.
- How to write and sell a successful eBook – how to discover your audiences’ needs in order to produce the right content for them.
- Ad hunting – how to find additional advertisers and business opportunities for your blog or website.
- Wile E. Coyote and the secrets of genius – affiliate marketing lessons that you can learn from the coyote!
- What makes a small business more likely to succeed – what you’ll need to get your business going in the right direction.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 13 helping points when things don’t go your way – changing how you react to the bad things that happen.
- What Don Draper knows that you don’t about persuasion and success – things you can learn from this character’s approach to nostalgia, adaptability, regret, and more.
- How Bugs Bunny can make you more productive – how to get plenty done without worrying about realism.
- 7 simple ways to get ahead in tough times – how to significantly reduce the time that it takes to get past frustration, anger, and depression of bad times.
- 2012 is not for everyone – getting real, honest, and talking about empowerment.
Search Engines / SEO
- 79 link building resources – a collection of articles, blogs, and tools for link building, all updated in 2011!
- How to obtain fast high search rankings through social signals – getting targeted search terms to rank, and how to keep them there once the buzz has worn off.
- Keywords vs. search queries – a simple explanation of what the difference is and how to use one to find the other.
- Technical site audit checklist – how to make sure you have your site structured well and discover any possible problems.
- 10 unorthodox ideas for local citations and links – if you’re trying to opimize your site for local search, then here are some more ways to do it!
Social Media / Social Networking
- Using social media for lead generation – if you’re looking to drive new traffic and business to your website, look no further than these social media resources to build your authority.
- Simple Twitter searches to generate content ideas – if you’re having a shortage of content ideas, then these queries will help you find new ones!
- The #1 mistake on your personal Facebook profile – both bloggers and businesses can take advantage of this to promote their pages.
- How to spot a social media expert – is there a way to tell the true experts from the ones who just say they are? Find out.
- How to run a successful social media contest – key considerations if you are planning to run contests or sweepstakes via social media.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo came from a funny post I did, post rapture. It actually has two meerkat images and some fun dialogue!
Night Time, Day Time
This is my hubby’s favorite YouTube video at the moment, and I must admit, I laugh everytime!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, on social networks, and so on. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.