This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Share your best post ever – currently has a collection over 30 posts that have gone viral and what the blog owner did to get it there. Great tips!
- 51 bloggers talk about blogging burnout – if you’re feeling like you might be at the end of your rope, don’t fear. There is bound to be one out of these 51 great posts to help you get out of a rut.
- 21 ways to create compelling content – a great source of ideas if you are stuck in a rut and out of ideas on what to post next on your blog.
- Writer’s guide to successful interviews – great tips for before the interview, the interview itself, and what comes next.
- 20 essential blogging applications and tools – tools for your computer, iPhone, iPad, or smartphone to help increase your productivity.
Making Money Online / Marketing / Online Business
- How to a build a list – how to get people to sign up and how to retain your subscribers.
- How businesses should react to negative social media & reviews – why businesses need to monitor their brand online and why / how they need to respond to any criticisms or complaints.
- Why your blog is costing you business – four mistakes when it comes to your blog and generating business, and how to fix them.
- Tripping over dollars to pick up pennies – what one thing can stop you from earning $100,000 a year for writing? Find out!.
- 5 social media mistakes that cost you sales and makes you look like an amateur – don’t do these things or risk harming your business!
Personal Development / Productivity
- 20 exceptional tips for setting and achieving smart goals – you don’t want to just set goals – you want them to be ones that you can accomplish. These tips will help you set achievable goals!
- The 10 second trick to make every minute count – the power of odd times and how to take advantage of each and every moment.
- Is self improvement information doing you any good? How to know if you are really getting the most out of your personal development journey.
- Finding your own path – why it’s necessary to against the tide and out of your comfort zone!
- 11 steps to starting over today – if you’re looking to change your ways, here are steps you can implement today to start that change for the better.
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building
- Getting links from big media sites – how to go about getting links from big time newspapers.
- How to increase conversions for organic keywords – don’t just build traffic using a particular keyword – turn that traffic into conversions!
- How to use free alerts for link discovery – a list of things you can be notified about that could lead to new link ideas.
- Optimizing page speed – actionable tips and tools for web developers and SEOs to make Google love your site more.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 7 YouTube alternatives – you can use these in conjunction with YouTube to increase exposure to your video content!
- How being inconsistent can damage your online brand – a look at how not posting on your blog or social media enough can affect your online community growth.
- 5 ways to use Twitter to connect with local customers – essential tips that any local business should be using now!
- The ultimate guide to Twitter marketing – a huge list of articles and resources to help you learn more about engaging on Twitter.
- 35 examples of well integrated social media links in web design – if you’re not displaying your links to your social media profiles on your website yet, here’s some great inspration on how to blend them with your current web design.
Winner of the Lenovo ThinkCenter M90z
There was an amazing number of entries to go through for this one, which was pretty exciting.
The Selection Process
As mentioned in my post, I was using a random process. Here’s how it went. I took each name from the comments and put that name in the spreadsheet, one row per entry, so everyone had one to eight rows for their comments and additional bonus entries. This ended up to be over 400 rows of names.
Then I typed in a random four digit number into the column next to each of their names. I did a batch of 35 random four digit numbers and then pasted that group of numbers down the spreadsheet. After I entered all of the numbers, I sorted the spreadsheet from Z – A, or in descending order.
Last, and my favorite part, I took the number of rows and put it into the Random.org
A huge congratulations to the winner, and thanks to everyone who entered and spread the word about the contest!
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo from my photography blog is a shot I took on my trip to Australia. It was taken near London Bridge along the Great Ocean Road. I couldn’t resist it because the beach was so pristine and the waves were so peaceful.
Yes folks, we’re back to kitten videos again. This one is an amusing way to interpret a kitten’s antics as yoga poses.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, on social networks, find in postcard printing, and so on. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.