This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup and benefits of CommentLuv on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- The 7 day blog challenge – a great way to learn more about your readers and find informative new blogs.
- Case study: How a new blog achieved 100% growth in 2 months – what it takes to build and market a successful blog and the lessons learned.
- 21 creative blogger bio pages – great inspiration for creating your about page.
- Going viral – marketing techniques to get people to take notice of your content.
- How to make your content work for you – difference between web vs. print, plus 5 tips to effectively write for the Internet.
- A comprehensive new Digg guide – a complete how to from customizing your profile to submitting new stories, plus what is new and what is missing Digg now.
- 4 ways I compose posts to drive millions of pageviews through Digg – a look at the kind of content that does well on Digg.
- Digg vs. Reddit: interesting numbers after the new version of Digg goes live.
- What Digg must do to survive? How Digg got where it is today, and what they can do to save themselves.
- 10 Facebook tabs to add – for your personal profile (until Facebook gets rid of them too).
- 10 tips and tricks for your Facebook fan page – call to action, video embedding, hidden content, and more.
- 8 things that put Facebooks valuation into perspective – infographic.
- Facebook Ads success: secrets from a Facebook insider – 7 tips.
- 25 highly addictive Facebook games – for productivity’s sake, stay away from these.
- Anchor text is losing its power – a look at which techniques are no longer effective with the new search changes.
- 4 valuable link building tools and applications – a unique collection to help you build links in a variety of ways.
- Link Building 101: the almost complete link building guide – huge post to help you learn the basics in link building.
- The art of link building for established brands – 3 types of links and things to take advantage of when link building for well known names.
- Backlinking boo boo – which technique might get you put in the notorious sandbox.
Mailing Lists / Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- Affiliate SEO: how websites are ranking in the most profitable niches – a must read if you want to make money online.
- What can you do with a keyword domain? Make money, of course!
- How to research and get the best deal on online products – make money online by getting the most value when you purchase memberships, ebooks, courses, and other online products.
- Entrepreneurial wisdom: insight and inspiration from some of the top experts in making money online.
- 5 keys to marketing products online – great tips for selling your own product!
Personal Development / Productivity
- What were you born to do? Figuring out what it is, and will people pay you to do it.
- 7 ways for the introvert to communicate confidently – 7 tips.
- What is the true essence of life? Reconnecting with your internal clock.
- Create your life handbook – how to create a map towards your best life possible, just for you.
- The death of deadlines as we know it – a preview from an upcoming productivity ebook.
- 61 ways to find inspiration when you’re stuck and feeling down.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- 12 questions and facts about how Google Instant will affect businesses – answers as to whether your SEO will need to change, what happens to longntail, and more.
- Motion charts: a hidden gem in Google Analytics – tired of looking at numbers? Why not get your analytics in a more visually appealing way?
- Google PageRank vs SEOmoz Page Authority – which one is the better metric.
- SEO certification and standards: do they exist? Can you become a SEO certified professional?
- Using Google Analytics to check your keywords – an essential way to make sure your SEO campaign is going as planned.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 step process for social media success – focused for businesses, a simple graphic that shows what you need to do to succeed in social media.
- What you can learn about social media marketing from TLC – 7 tips for a great social media marketing campaign.
- The social media lifecycle – use this guide to figure out if your favorite social network is growing or getting ready to fade away.
- 3 real time search engines to discover social media trends –
- Knowing why you use social media is what counts – knowing the why of when you use something will help you learn how to use it.
- 10 things you didn’t know about the new Twitter – what you need to know about how it was created and what it means to you.
- 8 killer tips to get quality Twitter followers – if you’re having troubles growing your following, maybe you need to look at this list.
- Use Twitter lists to engage community members – 3 steps for using lists to engage your community members and have them return to your site.
- Is Twitter worth your time? A look at the value in Twitter and how to use it.
- The 16 day job challenge – a good way to look for a job using your social connections.
- Is WordPress 3.0 with Akismet 2.3 moving comments to the trash instead of pending when you mark them as not spam?
- How to brand your WordPress blog on Twitter – a thorough tutorial.
- My favorite free WordPress themes for 2010 – a nice collection of 10 free WordPress themes (one with about 15 different styles).
- 40 functional and free 3 column WordPress themes – some you’ve seen, and some are new.
- How to include a post on a static front page with the Thesis theme – great tutorial!
Did you miss out on the half off registration? You can still win tickets for Facebook Success Summit from Denise Wakeman in a few simple steps. Be sure to check it out soon – the entry deadline is tomorrow, Saturday 18th, at 5PM PST. You can also enter a video to win tickets to Blog World Expo or write a post to win one of 10 free passes to Blog World Expo. Don’t miss out on these great opportunities!
Benefits of CommentLuv
I have to admit, I’m a little biased on why I like this video (you’ll see at the 3:15 minute mark). 🙂 But in all seriousness, David Maddux did a great job showing the backend and benefits of CommentLuv – a must see for anyone waffling on whether to install and use the CommentLuv (or another plugin that may cause you to lose it).