This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 75 Top Marketing Blogs to Make Your RSS Reader Fat – 75 online marketing blogs and blog categories for online marketers. Included are the RSS feed links and average number of posts per week so you know what you are committing to when adding to your reading list!
- The Power of Your Blogâ€™s Hidden Community and How to Find It – Do you realize there is a hidden, untapped community to your blog? Sadly, most folks never â€œtalkâ€ with this community.
- How I Increased My Email Subscribers By 500% In One Week – How to increase your blog email subscriptions by 500% by implementing a few simple changes.
- Get Off the Plateau: Growth Tips for Mature Blogs – Some of the starting points that Iâ€™ve used to change gear on my blogs over the years.
- The Psychology Of Going Viral: 12 Proven Ways to Craft Content That Gets People Talking – Are you really creating the style of content that gets people anxious to share it (and that allows you to generate interested traffic)? You no longer have to guess, because today, I have research that will show you how.
Business / Career
- Ask the Entrepreneurs: 11 Bloggers to Follow for Lifestyle and Productivity Tips – Entrepreneurs answer the question: Name one productivity/lifestyle blogger that you follow for advice/tips on staying balanced and why they are so great.
- 10 Foolproof Ways to Earn Your Landing Page Visitors’ Trust – Learn how to establish trust on your landing pages so visitors are more likely to convert into leads.
- Embracing Failure on the Path to Success – Leading entrepreneurs and innovators learn from their mistakes and accept that failures are inevitable in finding success.
- The 7 Bad Habits of Insanely Productive People – 7 â€œbadâ€ habits that crop up a lot in successful people.
- The Pros & Cons of Twitter Advertising for Small Business – Learn the pros and cons of using paid Twitter ads as a small business marketer or a reputation management company.
- 3 Insights You Can Learn About Your Freelance Business from Google Analytics – Iâ€™m here to tell you that you have a little tool to give you the answers to many of these questions, which provides insights into how to grow your freelance business. That tool is Google Analytics.
- A Tale of Two Freelancers, Which One Are You – In this post, Iâ€™ll be profiling two different approaches to freelancing and discussing the challenges, drawbacks, and benefits of each approach.
- 9 Key Steps to Freelance Success on LinkedIn – If youâ€™re not making the most of LinkedIn, youâ€™re missing out on some quality writing assignments.
- 30 Best Resources for Beginning Freelance Writers – Here is a primer on how to get your freelance writing business up and going, and bringing in real money.
- 7 Resources to Take Your Writing to the Next Level – Over the years, I have read various books and blogs related to writing that have truly inspired me and helped me become a better writer. Iâ€™d like to share these with you.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 107 Motivational Quotes & Videos That Will Inspire You – When you get tested to your limits, youâ€™ll find the need to turn somewhere to draw upon some motivation because youâ€™re running on empty. Here are 107 great quotes, videos, and images to motivate you.
- Sleep Hacking: A 21-Day 4:30am Early Rising Challenge – How to wake up early, how to rise early, and how to make early rising a habit.
- 30 Life-Enhancing Things You Can Do in 30 Minutes or Less – Here are 30 things you can do in 30 minutes or less that will have a positive emotional effect on you and those closest to you.
- Ask Yourself These 10 Time Management Questions Today – If you arenâ€™t conscious about your actions and aware of your surroundings, then you are simply flying by the seat of your pants.
- 48 Psychological Facts You Should Know About Yourself – The key to figuring out what isn’t working in your life is understanding some basic psychological facts about yourself â€” like why we can’t resist paying attention to sex and danger, or that people see what they want to see.
Search Engines / SEO
- Link Building: Anchor Text Optimisation Best Practices in 2012 – Anchor text is not just a simple signal from each and every link. Your whole backlink profile will get analysed to find out whether your anchor text distribution is natural or artificially inflated by over-zealous SEO practicioners. How can you influence your anchor text in a manner that still works in 2012?s
- Google On What Will Get You Demoted Or Removed From Index – Matt Cutts talks fighting webspam.
- Your Website Might Be Over Optimized If – Please place your tongue in your cheek as we present to you some thoughts and suppositions about how you too might be able to recognize that a website has been over optimized.
- 52 Top SEO Tips from BrightonSEO 2012 – This tips include SEO, social media, content, launching a brand, and more.
- How to Check Which Links Can Harm Your Site’s Rankings – There are some actions that can help SEOs assess the backlink profile of any website. Because, in theory, any significant number of low quality links could hurt, it would make sense gathering as many data as possible and not just examine the most recent backlinks.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 Ways Businesses Are Using Facebook Timelines – Follow these examples to learn how your business can use Timeline more creatively with Milestones, photos, Facebook apps and calls to action.
- Putting the Social Back into Social Media: 40 Ways to Build a Loyal Audience – There are a lot of different ways to rekindle that spark of excitement between you and your readers. But they all involve putting a bit more effort into building your bond.
- 10 Twitter Tips for Public Figures – Whether you represent an A-list celebrity or a public figure, here are ten tips and strategies for how to manage a related Twitter account.
- 7 Creative Social Media Marketing Mini Case Studies – Check out how these businesses are implementing innovative social media marketing practices with great results and pick up a few social media marketing tips.
- Top 5 Tips to Protect Your Privacy from Facebook Timeline Apps – 5 major tips to make sure your personal profile is free from spammy & unwanted apps. A must read for all Page Admins who install third party apps to their pages.
Dalescapes of Time
Yes, I’m obsessed with timelapses. 🙂 This one is from The Dale of Jelenia Gora, Poland.