This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- 16 Content Marketing Golden Rules For Real Results – Many business leaders under estimate the work required to develop good content marketing that drives real results. Many think it’s as easy as a simple blog post and you’re done. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
- The Essential Copywriting Formulas Every Writer Should Know (and Why) – During the interview I mentioned a popular formula I use for creating persuasive copy: the four Ps. If I had more time I would have shared even more. Well, I can do that now on my own blog.
- 14 Bloggers Share Their Daily Blogging Routine – 14 bloggers answer the question – Can you give us a quick snapshot of your blogging schedule â€“ when do you do it? Do you have a routine or is it more spontaneous?
- 72 Places to Promote Your Kindle Book When Itâ€™s Free – If youâ€™ve enrolled your book in Amazonâ€™s KDP, you have up to 5 days in a 90 day period to give away your book for free. This promotion is a powerful way to kickstart the sales of your Kindle book, so to get lots of downloads you need to advertise your free days in as many places as possible.
- How to Keep Your Audience Reading – How about you and I undress one of the most powerful seducers of the written word… strip it down to essentials so you can use it to stop readers cold in their tracks.
Business / Career
- 26 Mobile Apps to Improve Your Business and Networking – Here are 26 apps to help you network, stay connected with your social communities and conduct business while on the go.
- The Definitive Guide To Avoid the Yelp Review Filter – Learn why Yelp filters out some of your reviews and some easy steps you can take to make sure your positive reviews avoid the Yelp review filter.
- 10 Ways To Create High Converting Headlines – How can you boost your conversion rate through headlines? Well, there are a few simple strategies you can test.
- 7 Landing Page Tests You Can Run Tomorrow! – For many years, Iâ€™ve been participating in sessions/panels in which I critique PPC landing pages volunteered by audience members. As crowds go wild for this type of session, Iâ€™ve decided to use this space to focus on effective landing page elements and provide several examples thereof.
- Measuring and Increasing the ROI of Your Content Resources
– Let me cut right to the chase. Do you want to know the value of your content marketing efforts? Want this report?
Search Engines / SEO
- Infographic: The Periodic Table Of Google Analytics – Want to understand all the ways that Google Analytics can help you learn how people are interacting with your site? A new “periodic table” may prove useful
- 80/20 Link Building Tactics – Below are several link building activities that donâ€™t necessarily need lots of efforts but can certainly help impact your business goals.
- Meet AdWords Keyword Planner â€“ The New Google Keyword Tool and AdWords Traffic Estimator Mash-up! – A comprehensive overview to the New AdWords Keyword Planner Tool – the replacement for the Google Keyword Tool and AdWords Traffic Estimator!
- Steal Your SEO Competitionâ€™s #1 Google Rank â€“ A Guide to Reverse Engineering – Reverse Engineering goes well beyond the concept of â€˜finding good places to get backlinks fromâ€™ and takes your SEO to an entirely new level.
- SEO Copywriting â€“ 10 Tips for Writing Content that Ranks in 2013 (Infographic) – Copy is one of the most important aspects of onsite Search Engine Optimization. But with all the algorithm updates Google has pushed in recent years, a lot of the old tricks and best practices donâ€™t work anymore. Moreover, itâ€™s really hard to keep track of what does work.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Facebook Marketing Tools that Lead to Results [Reference] – Ian Cleary of RazorSocial stops by to provide a great reference of the various tools that you can use to improve your productivity on Facebook.
- 10 Vital Steps to Building Social Influence – Most seek to build influence; measure influence; and yes, some will even attempt to sell influence. Yet, few will achieve action-inspiring influence without planning and effort. Here are 10 lessons in how to influence and inspire others to action.
- Stay Focused Online: Avoid the Social Media Time Trap – Helpful pointers to ensure online productivity and avoid falling into the Social Media Time Trap.
- How to Improve Your Social Media Calls to Action – Social Media Engagement: learn to craft calls to action that get your social community to do what youâ€™d like them to and get the results you want.
- 7000 Newsletter Subscribers from 1 YouTube Video (Traffic Strategies with Incredible ROI) – In short, to maximize the ROI of your blogging efforts, spending most of your time researching how to create outstanding, unique content will give you far better results than learning that â€œone simple YouTube trickâ€ that will end up doing jack squat for your bottom line.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from Death Valley National Park in California.
Exercise with Cats
If you can’t get motivated to work out, maybe this will help!