This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, #FBCLContest updates, and a funny tennis video on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 101 blogs that accept guest posts – extremely helpful guide with PR 2 – 8 blogs accepting posts.
- Common blog SEO mistakes – 10 problems with blogging SEO, and ways to fix them.
- Become the blogging expert in your own niche by running a blogging course – using the 31 Days to Building a Better Blog course by Darren Rowse.
- Smashing tricks to writing eye catching titles – great tips on using numbers, slang, adjectives, questions, and controversy.
- Tools to find out what other blogs are saying about you – why you should be monitoring for SEO, sentiment, and reciprocity (great since WordPress doesn’t always notify you in a timely manner).
Business / Career / Finance
- 5 search tools your business should be using – a few were new to me, and they are good ones too!
- 7 reasons NOT to do content marketing – no strategy, no consistency, and no advertising are just a few reasons.
- 33 common business blogging mistakes – and how to fix them.
- Pros and cons of outsourcing your social media marketing – I consider the cons more of considerations including ways to ease your worries.
- How to stalk your customers like a pro – great tools for ecommerce sites or anyone who sells anything online.
- Dear Facebook friends, you’re doing it wrong – great commentary on the use of personal profiles, fan pages, groups, and the new community pages.
- Facebook privacy: what you need to know – why privacy advocates are concerned, how information is shared without your permission, and what Facebook has to say about it.
- How to add comments to a Facebook fan page – including finding your fan page id number.
- What businesses need to know about community pages – what are they, how they compare to business pages, user-administrated vs. Facebook administrated and more info.
- Fun Facebook page valuation with Virtue – maybe not fully accurate, but a good way to compare your page with others in your niche or industry.
Humor / Infographics / Inspiration
- How the world spends its time online infographic – clean visualization of what everyone is doing.
- FAQ pages – best practices and examples – elements that make a successful FAQ page.
- Do’s and don’ts of social media for business – nice infographic with important tips.
- Ugly showcase of military, intelligence, and defense websites – someone needs to apply to help these sites, stat.
- 66 fresh examples of single page website designs – although they are not the best for SEO, they are great to look at and easier to create for the design talented developer.
- Why guest blogging is useless for link building – PLEASE read the entire post before formulating your opinion on this great article!
- 8 characteristics of high quality links – good tips on what to look for when evaluating the quality of a link you are eyeing.
- Quality links defined by Google Webmaster Central – includes two strategies that you should definitely avoid.
- The myth of volume based link building – what to say when clients want quantity instead of quality.
- Whiteboard Friday: we bought links and it worked – how the supposedly evil practice of buying links can work for you with the results of 3 experiments.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- 10 big lies of multi-level marketing – interesting read about MLM.
- Sing yourself to wealth with the Billionaire song – a fun, creative way to visualize wealth.
- How to write a product review when you don’t own the product – great tips, although I think I handled it pretty well when I did a review of the Income Blogging Guide course.
- Ultimate guide to A/B testing – find out what converts the best on your website to make money online.
- Excellent banner ad examples – beautiful ads and placements to keep your design beautiful while earning income from your website.
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- How to live a scriptless life – while you’re not given the answer, you’re given the tools to find the answer.
- Overcoming chronic illness and stress – an insightful post on overcoming struggles, gratitude, mindfulness, and 20 ways to take care of yourself.
- Do you truly value your closest relationships? A good remember on what it takes to maintain an important, close friendship or relationship.
- Push yourself out of your comfort zone – ways to expand your comfort zone!
- 5 ways to assure success – if you have trouble reaching your goals, see if you have these 5 things to do it with.
- 4 steps to take before using a personal development program – late addition – including that you actually need to use it!
Photography / Digital Art
- 60 examples of beautiful night shots – absolutely crisp and gorgeous photos of city skylines and natural phenomenons.
- 30 incredible long exposure photos – simply amazing.
- 45 awe inspring landmarks around the world – great photos of many worldwide wonders
- 40 superb Photoshop tutorials for attractive photo effects – find out how to turn normal photos into digital art.
- Photographing a ghost town – part 3 in a series – don’t miss the first two parts.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Beginners guide to SEO – a must read for those getting started in SEO by SEOMoz, just updated on 6/22.
- How to optimize videos for SEO – pretty detailed guide for YouTube and self-hosted videos, including how to get views and ratings.
- 4 search engines, ways to generate links – covers some interesting strategies for Ask, Bing, Yahoo, and Google.
- Adapting SEO for personalized search – a thorough post with a huge list of resources.
- The ultimate guide to meta descriptions – a two part series on what you need to know to get the best click through rates using your descriptions. Don’t miss part 2.
- Social bookmarking for SEO – great guide to social bookmarking, including tips on the “social” aspect.
- How to compare your social media presence with competitors – case study comparing 3 blogs.
- How to use social media for lead generation – how to monitor, respond, link, and offline promote social media to make it work for your business.
- Getting massive traffic from StumbleUpon – a complete, thorough guide to getting the most of StumbleUpon.
- 3 ways infomercials can inspire your social media – yes, those late night things you watch.
Tech / Tools / Tips
- 195 social media measurement tools – huge list with a mix of free and paid tools to help you measure your social media enagement and results (plus another 101 social media tools if the first 195 doesn’t cover it).
- Secure yourself: backup solutions for designers and developers – great backup solutions comparison, including pricing.
- Top iPhone apps for website tracking and analytics – 5 apps that could come in quite handy for iPhone users.
- 14 free tools to reveal why visitors abandon your website – I don’t know how new or old this is, but the tools + information are a great resource.
- 10 Mac apps that should be on Windows – I concur!
- Twitter trifles: a follower conundrum – how to address a friendly non-follower.
- 3 new ways to use Twitter at live events – beyond just hashtags for promoting the event.
- Process for analyzing a Twitter account – 3 out of 4 free tools you can even use on other people’s accounts as well as your own.
- How to create screenshots of Twitter tweets without software – 4 quick methods using different websites.
- How to incorporate Twitter into your event – 6 tips covering the basics of getting some buzz before, during, and after an event.
- How to do #FollowFriday – late addition – great guide on effective recommendations vs. looking like spam.
- Top 5 SEO plugins for WordPress – if you want to search optimize your blog, start with these!
- Backup before you upgrade to WordPress 3.0 – a practical guide and why you should do it!
- Thesis theme tutorial: customizing the author archive page – great tips + code.
- DIY WordPress: What you need to know about PHP if you don’t know anything about it yet – includes four functions you must know to manipulate your WordPress install.
- 8 exciting new WordPress 3.0 features – some good reasons to upgrade.
Your support means the world to me – my entry on how to use CommentLuv to promote your articles on networks such as Squidoo, HubPages, Bukisa, EzineArticles, and GoArticles (the article includes specific guides for each network) now has 91 comments and 79 tweets – and still needs more of both! So please show some love, even if it is just with a simple retweet.
RT @FamousBloggers Strengthen Your Article Marketing With CommentLuv Links http://bt.io/FVIs
More posts in the contest can be found on ComLuv blog and in this collection on Famous Bloggers. So please stop by and support your favorite articles and bloggers by stopping by, commenting, and retweeting. And be sure to get into the action yourself by submitting a quality blog post before the deadline on July 7th.
I’m sure most of you by now have heard of the epic Wimbledon match between John Isner and Nicholas Mahut that went for a little over 11 hours over the course of 3 days and ended in the fifth set with Isner winning 70 games to 68. It has officially broken 12 Guiness World Records.
For those of you who aren’t that into tennis, here is a fun clip of John Isner playing with John McEnroe against the the Bryan brothers in an exhibition tennis match. There are several funny moments, including the one of the brothers climbing on the other to poke at Isner’s 6’9″ stature. Enjoy!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.