This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 10 Things I Learned from Publishing Every Day for 30 Days – What a blogger learned from publishing every day for 30 days.
- The 15 Top Blogs With The New Buffer Button, And Why Your Blog Needs One – With over 300 blogs using the button already, we got 15 of the most well known blogs out there on board.
- 7 Ways To Use Slideshare To Get More Blog Traffic – It seems that Slideshare has gone and done the impossible – turned the powerpoint deck into a content marketing darling.
- Less Blogging More Creating – Sometimes you have to slow down on the blogging and focus on creating new things for your customers and the world. What are you creating?
- 5 Actionable Articles to Help Your Writing Today – Articles from other great and experienced writers online to help you achieve something significant this month with your writing.
Business / Making Money Online
- 8 Ways to Back Up Your Computer Files – Freelance writers and all productive people need to diligent about backing up computer files. Here are 8 ways to create file back ups.
- Data Mining: The Ultimate Guide to Niche Analysis – In my post on how to become a niche rockstar I said that in order to be at the top of your industry (in a lot of cases online) itâ€™s important to know as much about it as possible.
- 5 Tips to Sell Your Blog – How to sell your blog and position your blog to make it attractive for corporate buyers.
- 119 Free Internet Marketing Tools to Grow YOUR Online Business or Blog – Like free stuff? Check out these 119 free tools to grow your Internet business or blog.
- 5 Tips for Maximising Your Earnings from Amazonâ€™s Affiliate Program During the Holidays – With the holidays almost upon us, now is a time for bloggers who are Amazon Affiliates to act to capitalize on what is usually one of the most profitable times of the year.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 111 Ways To Seize the Moment – There are many ways that you can seize the moment. While seizing the moment usually happens spontaneously, it is also possible to cultivate the idea of what to do first.
- 15 Productivity Tools to Play With – Super intuitive programs to use that will save you a ton of time each day.
- 27 Productivity Killers: Why Nothing Ever Gets Done – Which productivity killer effects you, and what can you do to bust through them?
- Follow Through And Get Good At It – We often make hollow promises, and fail to deliver on them. Hereâ€™s how to provide value by acting on those promises.
- 7 Mental Mistakes That Stop You From Living a Life of Freedom and Peace – If you identify with any of these statements, then youâ€™re most likely making mental mistakes that may hold you back for the rest of your life.
Search Engines / SEO
- Search Engine Marketing vs. Social Media Marketing: The Showdown – The benefits of search over social, vice versa, and why you should invest in both.
- Google Personalized Search Results – There are HUGE pros and cons to search engines and especially Google personalizing search. Read what they are and what YOU can do about it here.
- Yahoo Site Explorer Alternatives – Some of the free backlink checking tools out there to fill the place of Yahoo Site Explorer.
- 5+ Ways To Automate SEO With Google Docs – One of my favorite SEO tools helps me with link building, project management, website crawling, and web scraping, and it’s completely free. If it sounds too good to be true, fear not, because chances are you’ve used the tool I’m referring to dozens of times: Google Docs.
- Google Longtail SEO Keyword Infographic – A look at how Google killed long tail keywords.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 Awesome Examples of Engaging Social Media Campaigns – Check out 5 creative examples of engaging social media campaigns.
- 10 Ways to Get More ReTweets – How to get more retweets by avoiding least tweetable words, timing your tweets, and more.
- Optimizing Your Social Profiles For Network (Internal) Search – What if I told you that you only had 55 – 160 characters to tell the world what your business does? Could you do it?
- Why Are People Following You on Twitter – Learn why people follow you on Twitter by using data from the Twitter lists you have been added to, Excel or Open Office Calc, and Wordle.
- Building Social Media Campaigns for Brands, The Importance of Google+ and Book Deals – Podcast with a real world example of building a social media campaign, key components in influencer outreach, why you can’t ignore Google+, and more.
Photo of the Week
Beautiful timelapse photography of the state of Oregon from Columbia River Gorge, Mt. Hood, Crater Lake, and many more locations.