This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, #FollowFriday recommendations, some tennis love, reviews, and previews for next weekâ€™s posts on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have stumbledupon this week.
Blogging / Design
- Long live blogging! Free WordPress ebook
- WordPress 2.8 – 10 things you should know before and after you upgrade
- To blog or not to blog that is the question
- What role do you play in blogging?
- 45 useful web design checklists and questionnaires
- 55 creative and unique blog design showcase
- Best RSS submission sites
- 7 perfect WordPress portfolio themes
Tech / SEO
- 20 open source content management systems
- SEO tips for bloggers
- Firefox 3.5 – under the hood
- What is Web 3.0?
- Best Windows freebies – wallpapers, icons, fonts, guides
- SEO experts don’t know jack
- 50 free social Twitter resources and icon sets
- Cybercrime spreads on Facebook
- Tweet Funnel – tweet multiple users from a single account
- How to get StumbleUpon traffic
- 70 ways to get more Twitter followers
- Tweeting in the marketplace
Business / Finance
- 5 alternative and fun ways to make money online
- Create a profitable online store in 5 easy steps
- 17 sexy commercials and advertising towards dummies
- Feeding Frenzy Saturday – Featured blog articles
- Flashback Monday – Good news, great news, killer whale arms?
Personal Development / Growth / Self Improvement / Health
- Relationship between success and failure
- Pay yourself first
- You always have a choice
- How do your explain death to children?
- Can you override genetics?
- Bizarre sleep disorders
Last, but not Least
- Bloggers unite for a free Iran
- Colbert Report Classic
- The real downward facing dog revealed
- Top 10 tortured artists
- Star Wars wedding cakes
#FollowFriday Recommendations on Twitter
Here are my #followfriday recommendations.
- @yoonsee of Greener Pastures
- @irtiza of Life as I Know It
- @_George_Jetson_ super discoverer from StumbleUpon
- @Killroy_60 of Fear and Loathing
Also, if you enjoy this post and my tweets on blogging, social media, photography, and more, be sure to give me a shout out as follows:
RT @kikolani Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, #FollowFriday, & Some Tennis Love > http://bit.ly/7PLGL
This week, I created something personal that I have been wanting to do for a while now. Sarukura is a blog about my grandmother’s family in Japan. I’m hoping that one day, someone will Google names in their family tree and stumble across this site and contact me. I hope to build up a good collection of current Japanese genealogy resources.
On the career front, I have revamped my resume and
am in process of creating have finished my online portfolio – Kristi Hines – to hopefully expand my freelance exposure. So far, I have done one project and have two outstanding proposals.
Site design hasn’t changed too much, except for a crash of my social bookmarks plugin. So I resorted to using the Polariod social media icon set and some code from Stratos.me’s post 101 socialble links for manual insertion in WordPress. I had to edit the code to work in the Thesis custom funtions, so instead of
<?= the_title();?> I used
<?php the_title();?> and instead of
<?= the_permalink();?> I used
<?php the_permalink(); ?>. I also tinkered with the Polariod icons to change Gmail to email and added Sphinn and Mixx to the set.
A Glowing Review
Today, I was pleasantly surprised to read a very wonderful review of my site along with four other awesome female bloggers over at Bunny Got Blog. So I wanted to say thanks in this post!
Finally, I am in the quest to get my custom username for my Facebook page, which is based on the number of fans you have. So please, if you haven’t yet and are on Facebook, be a fan of Kikolani.
Week in Review
This week, I bumped the posting back up again with a great guest post on how to get more from Twitter with tips from the Twitter Marketing eBook by Marko Saric. Also, in a continuation of the Benefits of Blogging series, this week I covered the benefits of enhancing learning and strengthening interests including personal examples of ways I use blogging to help with tennis, genealogy research and more.
And I haven’t forgotten… Mt. Lemmon photos will be posted soon!
Preview for the week of 6 July 2009
I took a peek through my backup hard drives and found some interesting photos I took years ago on a business trip to a furniture market in North Carolina. So next week, I will be sharing some of those photos.
Next week, in continuation of the Benefits of Blogging series, I will continue on the learning theme and focus on the various technical and marketing knowledge that bloggers gain.
The Wimbledon men’s finals are this Sunday! Two of my favorites, Roger Federer and Andy Roddick, are playing, just as I predicted in my Tourney Topia picks! Unfortunately, my favorite female player, Dinara Safina, didn’t make it. So after this weekend, here’s looking toward the US Open!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.