This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Before we jump into the goodies from the week, I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know this is the last Fetching Friday post for 2011. Next week I will be out of town and it will be near impossible to get any work done. I also want to say a special thank you to my readers – without you, I would have no passion to write! I hope everyone has a very wonderful holiday season and happy new year!
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 70+ Resources on How to Start a WordPress Blog – Just in case you missed it earlier this week, here are resources for starting your own blog on WordPress including choosing a domain name, purchasing your domain, hosting, WordPress installation, themes, plugins, settings, essential pages, backups, updates, and more!
- Atypical Tips for Writing Awesome Blog Posts – Over time the author had a lot of practice and picked up a ton of tips on blog post writing that he’s happy to share with you.
- 7 Reasons to Rethink Your Blogging Strategy: New Research – New research shows business blogging is here to stay. Check out the latest stats on professional blogging and how business bloggers are using their blogs.
- 7 Reasons Having a Twitter Feed in Your Sidebar is a Really Dumb Idea – Many people wonder if putting a twitter stream or feed in their websiteâ€™s sidebar is a good idea. This article shows why it isn’t.
- 13 Vital Blogging Tasks for When You Canâ€™t Be Bothered Writing – Sometimes writing a new post just isnâ€™t going to happen. But that doesnâ€™t mean there isnâ€™t plenty of other stuff to do for your blog.
Business / Career
- The Entrepreneurâ€™s Handbook: 101 Resources for First Time Entrepreneurs – 101 resources that will help you learn more about entrepreneurship, startups, small business, and much more.
- 50 Posts on Engagement for Bloggers, Businesses, and Social Media Enthusiasts – Ready to start increasing your engagement in 2012? Find out the best strategies for blogging, business, and social media engagement from these awesome posts!
- The Power of Persuasion: Storytelling & Personas in Content Marketing – What many companies are in need of today is understanding social technology adoption, social communications, knowledge transfer, community and collaboration.
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Business with Marketing Automation – If you want to increase your ROI, then implement the following 4 marketing automation ideas.
- 55 Business Marketing Mistakes – Answers from the contributor network of entrepreneurs, advisors and experts on the biggest marketing mistakes that they have experienced in business.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 5 Ways That Trying New Experiences Can Make You Successful – Have you ever considered that trying new experiences, such as eating new foods and trying new restaurants can make you more successful? Probably not, but there is in fact a very clear and profound link between the two.
- Make Goal Mastery Unavoidable: Put Everything In Its Place – Make reaching your goals unavoidable by putting everything in its place ahead of time; this post will show you how.
- On the Importance of Real Relationships and How Passionate Work Can Kill Balance – The world runs off relationships. So does our happiness. Sometimes deeply loving our work causes us to forget that. Here’s a reminder of what matters.
- Increasing Productivity with Home Office â€œFeng Shuiâ€ – Are you as productive as you could be in your office? Is your office a space that you like to be in or not? Perhaps it is time to get your feng shui on to increase efficiency and get more done.
- 20 Ways to Be Grateful – Hereâ€™s a list of 20 things you can start doing today to express your gratitude and to become a more appreciative person:
Search Engines / SEO
- The Best of 2011 – Posts & People Who Rocked Our World – The most popular posts from SEOmoz for 2011.
- 5 Great Keyword Research Tools That Are Cheaper than Ramen Noodles – This is a collection of five free keyword research tools that are not commonly known but are awesome.
- 5 Steps to a Better SEO Strategy – Having a great search engine optimization strategy goes beyond the basicsâ€¦ it actually starts from the very beginning.
- 103 High PR One Way Backlinks to Improve Search Engine Rankings – How do I improve my search engine rankings? The short answer is to get more backlinks. In this article, I list 103 sites that provide high Google PR one way links back to your site.
- SEO Strategies and Inbound Marketing Best Practices for 2012 – Here are some of the best practices on search, link development, social, content development, conversions and online branding for 2012.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 15 Sites That Help You Use Your Twitter Profile for Link Building – Want to use Twitter for link building almost on auto-pilot? These 15 sites will allow you to use your Twitter profile information for links!
- The Ultimate Guide to Optimized Social Media Updates – Learn how to optimize status updates on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
- How to Build an Effective Google+ Brand Strategy – Here are six steps to help jumpstart your brand presence on Google+.
- 10 Ways to Add Facebook Functionality to Your Website – By the time youâ€™re finished reading this article, youâ€™ll understand your options for turning your website into a social hub and how to get started.
- What You Should Be Getting Out of Social Scoring Sites – Think a little less about the number itself and be more concerned about the things you can learn from the top two social scoring networks.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from a trip to the Grand Canyon last winter. This guy was having a little morning snack and was oblivious to us snapping photos of him!
Forever Friends Christmas Movie
For those who celebrate Christmas, I hope this little movie warms your heart and makes you smile. For those that don’t, I hope you at least find the bears as cute as I do! 🙂