This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, a great holiday deal, and a little inspiration on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Five words that kill your blog – do you believe in comment moderation?
- 4 scientific tips to help you get more blog comments – a look at the most popular times for comments and words that are most and least commented on.
- 500 places to syndicate your content online – ok, this one is a few months old, but really jammed pack with information that you should take a peek at!
- 10 pillars of a strong personal brand – definitely something every blogger needs to build up to gain authority and trust in their niche.
- 5 ways to make your blog stand out from the crowd – I love #5 about evergreen content.
- 26 tips for enhancing your Facebook page – want to do more on your page? Here are some great ideas!
- How to promote your brand on LinkedIn and Facebook with testimonials – a nice guide to how to display testimonials on your profiles and pages.
- The current disadvantage of merging a place with a page on Facebook – more on whether you should merge.
- 250 million people now using Facebook Connect – maybe something to consider adding to your websites?
- 22 things you should stop doing on Facebook – these are pretty funny, especially updating during a wedding!
- The link wheel concept explained – considering trying out a link wheel for your link strategy? Here’s a great post to get you started, including resources.
- 10 super-quick link building tips for bloggers and site owners – tips for getting better links via guest blogging, testimonials, and more.
- What are your best tips for link builders – nine tips on how to be a better link builder.
- What does George Bush think about link building – a look at the power of quality one way links.
- What is an internal link hub – certainly an interesting concept to look into.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- Entrepreneurial mistakes: are you procrastinating under the guise of doing work? Human tendencies, working on the hard stuff, and having the proper mindset to being successful.
- 5 tips for finding keywords with commercial intent – targeting phrases that people buy.
- Marketing your business smarter, cheaper, and faster – an interview with the author of a new book that will help you do just that!
- 4 simple techniques to get your email opened, read, and responded to – great tips for those who are investing into email marketing.
- 25 reasons why I’ll leave your website in 10 seconds – if you’re looking for conversions, you might want to avoid some of these items in the list.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Do you need more time – part 1, and yes please!
- 20 awesome quotes on self-confidence – need a boost? These quotes will do it!
- 65 quotes on making the choice about children – some beautiful words of advice for those who cannot decide on whether to have kids.
- 5 ways to keep your mind fit – just like you exercise to keep your body in shape, you will want to do these things to exercise your mind.
- Simple tips that will help you stick to your goals – three things to keep you on track.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 13 characteristics of successful digital schmoozers – principles you can leverage to become influential in your niche.
- How to delete social networking accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Google, MySpace, and Wikipedia – just in case you need to get away from the digital space.
- Owning up to women on the web – guess who is using social media the most?
- 9 practical ways to start attracting an audience to your new social media account – great tips for bloggers or businesses.
- How to build your credibility as an expert while blogging – kind of goes well as a followup to the above article.
- 7 tips for holida contests on Twitter – here are some learnings and best practices for planning and running sweepstakes or giveaways.
- I’ve unfollowed you on Twitter – thoughts on why one person unfollowed thousands on Twitter.
- Hashable makes Twitter #Intro social – making introductions more personal and less awkward.
- 5 time-saving Twitter tools for marketers – a little automation never hurts!
- 3 quick tips to maximize the ROI of Twitter marketing – do these three things and watch your efforts on Twitter reap some benefits.
Four More Days of MaxBlogPress Deals
Just a friendly holiday reminder that the MaxBlogPress holiday deal (five products, $137, $338 worth of savings) ends in four days on December 14th at midnight EST.
I use the Ninja Affiliate plugin to make affiliate links super easy to add to posts (and change sitewide when programs move from one affiliate site to another) and (as soon as I can get around to updating my site) will be using the popup-free features of the Subscribers Magnet to help build my mailing list (also reviewed it here).
Both are great plugins, and you save $107 even if those are the only two things you want! It’s a last time deal – so click here to take advantage of it!
Ps. If you already have one plugin and are only interested in a disconted rate for the other, just go to the holiday deals page and close the tab, then select the Stay on This Page option. You’ll get a chance to buy the five products individually at discounted prices!
A Little Inspiration
Although this was aimed toward actors, I think it can apply to anyone in any field, from blogging to business and beyond.