This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- Want suggestions to help improve your blog? Over at the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club, I’m offering free blog reviews. Be sure to sign up!
- Content Development: Finding Great Topics for Your Target Audience – Find out how to discover great content topic ideas for your target audience using internal resources, tools, and social networks.
- 600+ Places to Share Your Content and Get MORE Traffic – Huge list of Google queries for finding guest post opportunities, guest posting tips, and 600 sites where you can guest post, contribute articles, and syndicate content.
- 13 Proven Ways to Write Content Your Audience Wants – Your readers are telling you which type of content they want. By looking back at your biggest wins, you can identify the commonalities among your most popular content and craft future content to match these qualities.
- How to Overcome the 5 Excuses That Will Kill Your Content Marketing Efforts – Whether you have a small team in a Mom & Pop or youâ€™re coordinating content creation within a Fortune 100, the reasons for why a team member canâ€™t contribute are pretty much universal. Here are the the 5 most common excuses that I have come across and how you can overcome them.
Business / Career
- 37 Posts About Crappy Marketing (and What You Can Do Better) – Mistakes provide invaluable learning experiences. Beyond laughing, embrace every bad marketing moment as inspiration to make your brand better.
- 10 B2B Companies That Create Exceptional Content – Examples of B2B companies that create great content and get inbound marketing right.
- What Successful People Do With The First Hour Of Their Work Day – How much does the first hour of every day matter? As it turns out, a lot. It can be the hour you see everything clearly, get one real thing done, and focus on the human side of work rather than your task list.
- Creating the Perfect LinkedIn Profile to Generate Leads – In this three part series, weâ€™re going to look at how to utilize your personal profile, company page, and analytics to their fullest extent to generate quality leads for your business.
- How to Make $5k from Skype (and Possibly a Whole Lot More) – Learn how connecting with your clients by phone vs. email can help raise your profits.
- 101 Ways to Improve Your Freelance Brand – Here are 101 branding tips to help you improve your freelance identity and help your business succeed.
- 5 Real Reasons Why You Donâ€™t Earn What You Deserve as a Freelancer – In this post, Iâ€™ll examine five common reasons why freelancers donâ€™t earn what they deserve. You may find that one of these reasons fits your situation.
- 12 Important Questions to Ask as a Freelance Subcontractor – Now that I have your attention, let me say not all subcontracting arrangements are created equal. You will fare better if you ask some key questions before you sign on, either to be a subcontractor or to subcontract some of your own work out to other freelancers.
- Getting it Done: A Guide to Productive Goal-Setting for Freelancers – Are you setting goals for your freelance writing business? I strongly recommend you do. But more than that, you need to set good goals.
- The Smart Freelance Writerâ€™s Guide to Raising Rates – Learn how to negotiate, plus a software that makes me tens of thousands of dollars monthly. Just by reading this article!
Search Engines / SEO
- Link-building Tips and Tools for Bloggers in a Post-Panda and Penguin World – So you might be asking what more can be written about link building for bloggers? The answer is, a lot. Bloggers have an advantage that static and retail websites donâ€™t. There are tons of great link-building strategies that can be utilized to increase backlinks.
- Announcing the 2012 SEO Industry Survey – From independent consultants to agency SEOs to in-house marketers, we got to see responses from a wide swath of the industry’s demographics.
- 50+ Things Every Link Builder Needs To Know – If youâ€™re shopping for link builders, make sure that the one you go with knows most of the following.
- Do Improved Social Signals Cause Improved Rankings – I wanted to see if it was actually plausible for these correlations to arise without social signals being a direct ranking factor. I built some Excel models to test this out and see if I could build a model that achieved the observed correlations without assuming social signals as a ranking factor.
- What Is In Your Enterprise SEO Toolkit – This is a very incomplete list of the tools you probably want to look at if youâ€™re responsible for SEO in an organization so big you get lost finding the restroom. No favoritesâ€”if itâ€™s on this list itâ€™ll do the job nicely.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 26 Social Media Marketing Hidden Treasures You Never Knew Existed – Read tips that you may not know about some of the largest social networks that will help you in your social media marketing.
- 10 Google+ Circles Marketers Should Follow – Follow these Google+ circles for insights about marketing, technology, digital branding, social media, and blogging.
- Social network demographics in 2012 – Do you know how old the average Twitter or Facebook user is? Do you know what share of Redditâ€™s users are women? We could go on and on; when it comes to social network demographics, the questions are endless. This article is going to answer those questions for you, showing you the age and gender distribution on 24 of todayâ€™s most popular social networks and online communities.
- 100 People You Should Subscribe To On Facebook – Weâ€™ve found you 100 different users to get you started and while there are many, many Facebook lists out there, you should definitely consider following these people if you want to keep up to date.
- 13 Experts Chime In on Kloutâ€™s New Algorithm to Determine Social Influence – Does the new Klout scoring algorithm measuring influence score social influence better? Perspectives on the new scoring algorithm from 12 social influence experts.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from Yosemite where the deer didn’t mind standing still for a photo op.
How to Generate Good Ideas
Five ways to make sure your mind can generate good ideas to use later.