ÂÂThis post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, online business, SEO & social media and how to help Japan on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Freelance Writing
- How to get over 90,000 readers with one headline – a look at a headline that generated consistently heavy traffic over a year’s time.
- 10 sure fire ways to get 1,000 blog subscribers – great tips if you trying to get your first 100, 500, and 1,000 subscribers.
- 50 traffic sources to milk like crazy – looking to grow your blog traffic? Try these sites and sources!
- How to be the go-to blogger for event curation – be the blog everyone flocks to for events in your industry.
- Reddit blog marketing 101 – how to get your blog in the hearts of Reddit users.
Making Money Online / Marketing / Online Business
- Is your creativity keeping you from making money – the difference between doing it in an innovative way and doing what is known to work.
- 5 basic tips for creating profitable niche websites – you must do these five things to ensure your success in making money online.
- 5 ways to use content marketing to build your authority – go beyond just blogging for your business with these types of content that help prove your expertise in your industry.
- Micro conversions: the key to undertsanding why customers walk away from your site without doing anything.
- The Clickbank affiliates checklist to choosing the right product – with exception to one or two tips specifically based on Clickbank’s system, these tips can help you when selecting any affiliate product for your website.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 3 steps to navigating with your intuition – if you feel like you’re over-thinking things, learn how to let intuition guide you instead.
- 10 power questions to improve your personal development – ask yourself these questinos to keep you focused on your personal development.
- Overwhelmed with self improvement? Defeat that feeling with these five powerful tips so you can get back on the path of achieving your goals.
- How beliefs affect self-esteem – how our efforts vs. results cause us to doubt our own abilities and how to make your self-esteem less susceptible.
- How to get more done with Google Docs – short and sweet video that shows you how to increase your productivity using Google documents.
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building / Analytics
- Top 13 social media ranking factors for SEO – if you’re hoping to rank better in search engines using the power of social media, here is an idea of what Google and other major players are looking for.
- How Google destroyed the value of Google Site Search – how Google created products and subsequently banned people for using them.
- Traffic source diversity is essential for successful SEO – a look at how natural diversity plays a part in the new Google rankings.
- Get hundreds of links to your next blog post – great headline formulas that attract links (almost) every time.
- 10 SEO tips that will improve your web design – make your site friendly for visitors and search engines with these 10 tips.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 8 hot social media tips from eight industry experts – from offering live events to when you should invest in social media.
- 6 reasons why Q&A sites can boost your SEO despite Google Farmer update – an in-depth look at why you should be using question and answer sites (includes 14 to choose from based on their type).
- How to build a Facebook landing page with iFrames – comprehensive guide to the difference between iFrames and FBML, how to design your page step by step, configuring your Facebook app, and how to add additional pages.
- 15 frequently asked questions about Facebook fan pages – from switching from profile to page, suggesting to friends, gaining fans, and more.
- Use Quora to stamp your authority – how to use Quora to build a great online reputation.
How You Can Help Japan
While I normally do something a little lightheared for the end of the week video, I wanted to share something a bit different.
It’s been one week since the earthquake and tsunami devastated portions of Japan. Thousands of lives have been lost, more are still missing, and many who did survived are living in shelters living on scarce rations of food and water.
The images from Japan are heartbreaking. Boston’s Big Picture has been doing regular coverage since the day of the earthquake, showing the aftermath, devastation, continuing crisis, and the survivors.
Then there are videos that show just how powerful the tsunami was and how quickly it destroyed everything in it’s path.
For those who have been wondering how they can help (at least financially) here are some sites and initiatives to choose from.
- Living Social is giving $5 for every $5 that you donate through them to the American Red Cross Japan Earthquate and Pacific Tsunami Fund. They have raised almost $1 million USD and will continue to match donations through today, Friday the 18th at 1PM EST.
- The American Red Cross is also taking donations via their website or by texting REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the Japan Earthquate and Pacific Tsunami Fund which will appear on your next wireless bill.
- SXSW Cares is running a campaign to raise $80,000 by the end of SXSW (March 20th), also being given to the American Red Cross.
- Japanese ATP player Kei Nishikori is using his Facebook fan page to raise donations for the American Red Cross.
If you know of any other places or ways to help, please share them in the comments.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.