This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- The Ultimate Resource Guide to Blogger Outreach and Guest Blogging – 35 resources including networks specifically created to help you connect with bloggers, guides for guest blogging and blogger outreach, and guest post opportunities for marketers.
- 5 Goals Every Blogger Should Set Up in Google Analytics – Like business goals, you also need to have goals for your website. Whether they are simple goals like attracting readers and engaging visitors, or bigger goals, like increasing conversion rate, you need to have them on paper. Then, once you are aware of what you want to achieve with your website, itâ€™s time to start measuring those goals.
- 3 Reasons You Should Not Blog and How The Minimalists Got It Completely Wrong – Now, thereâ€™s nothing wrong with blogging for fun and not expecting to make any money off of it. For me, blogging takes time and time is money. If Iâ€™m not making income from blogging I would much rather be fishing or spending time with my kids.
- 7 Social Media Mistakes that Can Keep Your Content from Going Viral – Social media marketing may not be rocket science, but there is still a large science component to it. If you want your content to spread, you have to look at the numbers and stop making gut decisions.
- 12 Revealing Charts to Help You Benchmark Your Business Blogging Performance – New benchmarking data that indicates the impact blogging regularly has on businesses’ traffic and lead generation.
Business / Career
- 12 Places Businesses Should Be Collecting Online Reviews – Find a comprehensive list of the most important places to accumulate online reviews for your business.
- Email Marketing Results Hour By Hour – Do you struggle with your email marketing results? If so, here is a great infographic discussing the best times to send your email marketing message.
- 7 Tips for Killer Online Customer Reviews – Online customer reviews are a powerful tool many businesses do not effectively utilize. Here are seven tips for earning killer online customer reviews.
- Define Success in Your Words with 10 Clarity Questions – Be true to your values. Be honest with yourself. And take a few minutes to answer these questions.
- 20 Websites To Sell Your EBook – The following are places where you can sign up to sell your books in. Most of the sites have zero sign up fees and a majority of the sale (if not all of it) will go to you.
- How to Stop Feeling Desperate and Taking the Crappy Writing Gigs – Feel trapped in shockingly low-paid writing gigs? Here’s my step-by-step escape plan to make the time for marketing to find better gigs.
- Freelancers: Handle These 9 Client Types Like A Pro – Every client is different. Although we can find faults with each client we work with, we as freelancers need to overlook their strange tendencies, and learn how to interact effectively with them. I hope this guide will help you identify your clientâ€™s needs, and increase your success as a freelancer.
- 5 Awesome Portfolio Tips to Maximize Sales for Freelancers – A few simple portfolio design tips can dramatically change the way that your customers take in your freelance portfolio, and in turn can make all the difference between them clicking the link to your contact page or clicking away from your portfolio altogether.
- How to Get More Freelance Writing Assignments – As productive freelance writers, we want to get many high paying jobs and get them done as efficiently as possible. Winning multiple assignments is a great way to do this.
- 8 Strange Rituals of Productive Writers – The rituals of successful athletes arenâ€™t unlike those of very productive writers. Both use pre-game rituals and training techniques, some stranger than others, to help them get into a mental state that makes them perform at their peak.
Search Engines / SEO
- The Death of Link Building and the Rebirth of Link Earning – Rand discusses the egress of old link building practices and the ingress of new (old) link earning strategies that will help your site stay relevant in the SERPs and drive your traffic with a better user experience.
- The Secret To Truly Accurate Keyword Research – Looking for accurate keyword research? Learn the secret to uncovering accurate keyword data from this article on The Daily Egg.
- Does Google Think Your Website Is Spam – How to determine if Google considers your website spammy – and how to clean it up so you rank better in search.
- Anchor Text Analysis: Post â€œPenguinâ€ and EMD – Now that Penguin has had some time to settle in, letâ€™s see what sites are still ranking at the top of the first page of search results in seven highly competitive industries and how their anchor text stacks up in the natural versus over-optimized department, plus additional details about their domain authority and link building strategy.
- How I Got a Link from the Wall Street Journal I’m not talking about dropping some dopey, no-followed article comment or some black-hat trickery – those schemes don’t count for anything and will probably land you in the Google SEO jail. I’m talking about landing a real, legitimate editorial link from one of the most trusted and highest authority websites on the planet â€“ it’s an SEO’s (or any marketer’s) dream come true!
Social Media / Social Networking
- A Guide to Social Advertising Analytics from Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn – Using social advertising? Here is what you can find out about your ad’s performance with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn advertising analytics.
- 10 Tips to Increase the Facebook Business Page Reach from Top Experts – Having a Facebook business page is easy but building engagement is so hard. Find out the 10 best tips to increase engagement by top experts.
- 6 Free Mobile Apps to Enhance Your Social Media Marketing – 6 Smartphone apps to help you manage your social media activities.
- 10 Ways to Grow Your Facebook Following – Discover how to drive traffic to your Facebook Page with meaningful connections, original content and photos, ads, contests and more.
- 16 Newest and Best Twitter Hacks for Your WordPress Website – With a robust combination of Twitter hacks and WordPress plug-ins, the world’s most popular content management software can be easily integrated with Twitter in new, exciting, and highly useful ways.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Kittens Learn Physics
I would have liked Physics if they taught it like this.