This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 8 pro tips for blogger outreach – if you need to propose something to another blogger, this is for you. If you need something to give to an advertiser who performed a poor outreach to you, this is something you can send them.
- Is your WordPress blog safe – ways to bulletproof your WordPress blog from hackers and other evil on the Internet.
- 10 tips for opening your next blog post – the opening paragraph is one of the most important parts of your posts in terms of getting your reader hooked. How good is yours?
- 7 character traits of top bloggers – what you need to be a successful blogger.
- How to launch a new blog with already high search traffic – how to find the phrases that will bring the traffic to you.
Graphic Design / Web Design
- The ultimate HTML5 resource guide – ready to dig into the new version of HTML? Here are some tutorials, frameworks, examples and more to help!
- 40 free online tools and software to improve your workflow – use these applications to create great charts and graphs (perfect for infographic designers as well).
- 20 great business card templates from GraphicRiver – before your next business card printing, check out these great templates!
- Creating focal points in your web design – how to draw eyes to the most important aspects of the web page to convey its purpose.
- 80 time-saving and free Photoshop action sets to enhance your photos – perfect for designers and photographers looking to streamline your workflow when editing images.
Making Money Online / Marketing / Online Business
- 5 laws for launching your porduct with video landing pages – great tips on how to have successful video landing pages plus four examples that have been hugely successful.
- 8 methods for getting to know your audience – find out more about your industry using these strategies plus a ton of tools!
- How to price an eBook in the Kindle age – with eBooks getting less expensive, how do you balance pricing yours based on value provided? (Definitely something I struggled with on the Blog Post Promo Guide.)
- 8 quick and dirty tips for landing page optimization – simple ways to increase conversions from your landing pages.
- 5 hugely successful self-made entrepreneurs to get inspired – five people who have been successful without outside funding and have not sold their projects to third parties.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 10 ways to save time with Evernote – reasons why you should consider saving your notes in the cloud.
- 5 good reasons to share your goals and one powerful reason not to – the case against sharing your goals with others vs. keeping them to yourself.
- Creating your vistion board – a video guide to making your dreams visual.
- 111 ideas for your bucket list – if you haven’t started one yet, here’s a great place for inspirational ideas!
- 16 ways to get the respect and admiration you deserve – success skills that will help you make a positive impression and accomplish your self improvement goals.
Search Engines / SEO
- How to super size your listing in Google – Google is one place you will want to supersize you. These six tips will help you get a bigger piece of real estate in search results.
- 6 free search tools I’m loving right now – these will help you with link research, usability testing, getting free content, and more.
- 43 paid search signals you need to understand – what advertisers need to know to maxmize clicks and conversions while minimizing cost.
- Introducing the periodic table of SEO ranking factors – could make a nice poster for SEOs for on-site and off-site SEO factors.
- 3 phrases of social media SEO – what they are, and why they are important.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 4 keys to social media success for businesses – forget the numbers – here’s what you need to do to be successful at social media.
- The ultimate guide to Facebook marketing – over 50 great articles on using Facebook including setup, privacy, contests, selling, ROI, and much more.
- 10 qualities of social media superstars – 32 social media experts and the qualities that have gotten them where they are today!
- 20 great YouTube features you need to know – want to get the most out of your videos? This is a must read!
- How top Redditors compete for karma – a look into the innerworkings of Redditing.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo came from Maru Animal Park in Australia. You can’t visit Australia without getting to pet a koala, and this was Jim, the sleepy koala that my husband and I got to meet. I snuck this shot between the branches where he was snoozing.