This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
- The new moon will be in Aries on April 3rd – how will you experience this blast of pure energy?
- Beyond the chart – a few things to inspire during the dark moon of Pisces.
- How to bond with an Aquarian woman – learn more about that Aquarian female in your life, whether she is family, friend, or a lover.
- Mercury retrograde, March 30 through April 23 – what is in store for us when Mercury turns regtrograde? Find out.
- The essence for March 31 – did you enjoy indulgence and escape?
- The Bobcats – see what hijinks the Bobcats get into with a new employee on a regular Tuesday at the office.
- The 4 seasons of Seattle Weather – I try not to post two from the same site in the same category unless they’re both really good, and this one is a peach as well!
- Sharing Bacon – the perils of a “see” food diet.
- Geek detection – you’ll know when you meet one.
- Platypus – the ultimate superanimal!
- A little lint and suddenly you’re bridezilla? Why this bride should have eloped.
- Which Sucker Punch premiere dress ruled? I’d go with the pink worn by Jamie Chung.
- Fashion challenge of the week – could you go a week without wearing neutrals?
- The 2011 trend report – the color for this spring is white. Here’s how to do white right!
- Women’s swimsuits – a fashion history infographic of what women have worn in the water from 1910 to today.
- Details on Kristen Stewart’s wedding dress – or at least Bella’s dress for the upcoming movie!
- Could leaked bedroom photos make Breaking Dawn more appealing to non-Twilight fans – let’s face it. It looks h-a-w-t!
- Robert Pattinson disses Twilight in an interview – ever heard that you shouldn’t bite the hand that feeds?
- Twilight fans are on Team Meyer – a contest for ten lucky fans to meet the source of the Twilight saga herself!
- Edward’s Breaking Dawn Volvo spotted – love it or hate it, Edward’s got new wheels. One way to get car enthusiasts to “break down” to see Breaking Dawn.
I have a major confession to make. When I’m driving, it’s like the inside of my car is the inside of the average person’s shower. That’s right, I pretend I’m auditioning for American Idol every day, to and from work. And for the last two weeks, I’ve been perfecting this awesome tune.
Now all I need is a studio and video director and I could be the next Internet sensation!
Just kidding everyone. Happy April Fools Day! Now onto our regularly scheduled programming! 🙂
Blogging / Writing
- 8 strategic blog homepages that draw readers deeper – learn some great design and content placement tips from these high traffic blogs that will get visitors to stay on your site.
- How to identify blog comments as spam – a simple way to see if that generic looking comment is legit or spam.
- 5 most important things they didn’t teach you about blogging – how to gain perspective about your own success and the perceived success of others.
- 10 blog post creation tips every blogger should follow – want more traffic and engagement with your blog posts? Follow these tips!
- 6 non-content must haves for business blogs – also applicable to any blog.
Design / Inspiration
- 100 unique Tumblr themes for 2011 – huge collection for bloggers on Tumblr.
- Top 10 WordPress hacks of all time – improve your site’s functionality with these ten pieces of code.
- 10 web design elements you shouldn’t overlook – things to consider for your links, forms, buttons, and more.
- 10 bad web design habits you should avoid – after seeing what you should be doing, here’s a look at what you shouldn’t be doing.
- 28 examples of yellow colored business cards – great inspiration if you are looking to design some business cards.
Making Money Online / Marketing / Online Business
- Using the Google Traffic Estimator Tool to find the best keywords – shows not just how to use the tool, but what else to look for when choosing a niche domain.
- Why some blogs do not convert with affiliate marketing – listen to the whole video to see if there are ways you can improve your blog to perform better.
- Why affiliate marketers are the best marketers – 7 reasons why you should look toward affiliate marketers for advice on improving conversion, niche research, driving traffic, ROI, and more.
- 4 words that will get your email opened – the reasons why and how negativity sells.
- How to know if your niche has enough demand to be profitable – questions you will need to answer to determine if you are targeting the right topic.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 50 things you need to give up today – when you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you.
- How to capture the ideas worth pursuing – don’t let great ideas disappear in the wind – five ways to cement it to be implemented.
- Get ready to live a better life in 30 days – April challenge for those interested in a great course on personal development.
- Are they problems or challenges – how words can send the wrong signal to your brain about a situation.
- 30 inspirational self improvement quotes by Dr. Wayne Dyer – if you’re needing a little inspiration, you’ll probably find it here!
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building / Analytics
- Weed out your lowest performing pages – don’t get caught by the next Panda update by making sure Google doesn’t find low quality content on your site.
- Link building with photo journalism – just another way that content can drive links to your site and improve rankings.
- Why quality is the only sustainable SEO strategy – a look at what link metrics translate to higher rankings.
- Local SEO tracking: how to effectively track offline conversions – what custom entities to create to track offline conversions from online marketing.
- Google +1 and the rise of social SEO – how the new button will affect SEO and rankings.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Retweet glossary, syntax and punctuation – are you retweeting the right way? Find out in this post!
- 4 useful Twitter automation tools and how to use them – the benefits of supplementing your engagement (but not fully automating it).
- Social media marketin research – 3 steps to guaranteed success in finding your target audience and what they are interested in.
- How to get the most out of advanced social media search – how to get more information from Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- How to create and add a custom iFrame tab to Facebook pages – step by step guide with screenshots.
After a long, potentially stressful week, sometimes you just need something that makes you relax. This is one of those somethings. Enjoy!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.