This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 4 people who aren’t reading your blog and how to get them to change their mind – a look at four different types of people and why they don’t read your blog, why you want them to, and how to get them to.
- 9 ways to attract attention and comments – great tips, and #9 really works!
- How to beat changes to organic search – 5 ways to continue getting traffic to your site after the latest Google update as well as what this means for article marketers.
- What I learned about blogging from the Tanzanian blog project – what Darren Rowse learned while pursuing a life changing experiement seeing what social good could be done through social media and blogging.
- 10 tips for a successful podcast interview – audio interviews are becoming more and more popular with blogging. Here are 10 ways to make sure yours is top notch.
Making Money Online / Online Business
- How to get Facebook ads for (almost) free – optimizing your ads for lower CPC bids.
- 20 tips I used to make money with Amazon – great tips from someone who has made $90K USD from Amazon affiliates.
- Advanced email marketing for bloggers: how to really clean your mailing list – if you want to make money, it’s also important to save money. Learn how to clean your list to make sure you’re only paying for active subscribers.
- How to build a list – 4 elements of list building, 20 list building tips, and some list building tools and plugins.
- How to claim your business on Google Places – have a physical location or an address you want to share? Claim it for local search!
Personal Development / Productivity
- How to recognize depression and regain control – a powerful post about how depression can take control of you when you least expect it and how to fight back.
- Empowering belief systems – the belief and behavior connection, and how they relate to feelings.
- Is your routine empowering? The purpose of a routine, when it is time to change, and how to create an empowering routine.
- 50 ways to find inspiration – how to create, explore, and expand your creativity.
- Why creating reading lists jump starts self improvement success – how to find a purpose for your list, choose books, and set a reading schedule.
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building / Analytics
- A complete guide to the Google Panda Update – 50+ articles and resources to help you get to know the latest algorithmic change. Lookout for articles by SEOmoz and Andy Beard for ways to see if your site was affected, and the last article by Search Engine Land with updates on what you can do to get back into Google’s good graces if you were dinged.
- Get your new WordPress site indexed in 24 hours – great checklist of exactly what to do to get Google to find your new site fast!
- Manipulating Google suggest results – how it works, alternative theories, and manipulating it for good.
- 5 steps to killer keyword research – don’t just barely scratch the surface or go overboard. Use this set process to get the best keyword research done every time.
- SEO 101: Beginners ultimate guide for on-site SEO – looking to brush up on your SEO knowledge? This post has a lot of good info.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 26 ways to use social media for lead generation – if your business is looking for leads, look no further than these social media resources.
- How to build social media awareness into your website – great tips on marketing objective, turning your site into the main attraction, and gauging your success.
- 5 worthy intangibles of social engagement – while they don’t count as ROI, they lead to social media ROI.
- Why fans stop liking and following you on Facebook and Twitter – if you’ve noticed a drop in fans / followers, you might want to take a look at these 10 reasons people will stop connecting with you on each site.
- You’re a social media what? 75 various job titles in social media – helpful if you are looking for what to brand yourself as or look for while job hunting.
For Photography Fans
I’ve finally lured my darling husband, Jason Hines, into the world of blogging. If you interested in photography (aka, like looking at awesome photos), then I invite you to check out Photo Ninjas where my husband and I share our photos with the world.
Between the two of us, he definitely has THE skills. After starting photography in November of last year, he has gone through three cameras and four tripods to find the right equipment (at least until the new Nikons come out). His ease with learning the ins and outs of image editing software has been as impressive as the great shots he’s taken.
Movie of the Week
I don’t know about anyone else, but I can’t contain my excitement for this movie. This had better be a gazillion times better than Skyline, which was a major disappointment.
I also have the song at the end on my iPod. That’s how into this I am. You can view higher quality trailers on Apple.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.