ÂÂThis post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, online business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Freelance Writing
- 8 steps to boost audience engagement – if you have ever wondered why some blogs are more successful than others, this post has the answers.
- 21 brilliant bloggers talk about commenting – great roundup of articles about the art of blog commenting.
- Top time management techniques for freelance writers – great tips for not only freelance writers but bloggers as well.
- Four roles serious bloggers play – are you a reporter, teacher, coach, or philosopher on your blog? Find out!
- How to reach a new audience with your blog – a look at why you should consider podcasting.
Making Money Online / Online Business / Personal Branding
- How to make a blogging business plan – 35 items that you should research to create a plan for your blog.
- Should you identify affiliate links in blog posts – a great post plus on-going discussion in the comments about how to let readers know about the links that make you money.
- Get more traffic by out-educating your competitor – three examples in different industries of you you can gain the advantage by simply providing more information.
- 10 inspirational entrepreneurs under 21 – check out these achievements, from skipping four grades to launching over ten startups.
- Do you have a blogging will – especially if your blog is your business, you will make sure you leave these items behind if something were to happen to you.
Personal Development / Productivity
- How to bounce back when things go wrong in life – how to determine whether things went wrong, or just not as planned, and three ways to bounce back.
- 3 keys to realizing your dreams and goals – 3 ways to move toward the realization of our dreams.
- Free life lessons eBook – 108 bloggers share their self-reflections and inspirations.
- 7 tips for productively working from home – great for people wanting to make sure they get the most out of the time they work at home.
- How to increase your focus – 8 best practices and 5 ways to increase your focus.
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building / Analytics
- How to pimp your Google Places page for better rankings – don’t miss these tips if you want to do better in local search results.
- How much you should vary your anchor text – how to use Excel to divide up anchor text plus additional suggestions.
- 10 steps to real Google social search results – how your social media can get to the first page of results.
- Google bounce rates: the untold story – the definition of a bounce, and why this is not a good metric for bloggers.
- Google farmer update self diagnostic kit – use this custom report in Google Analytics to see if your site was affected by the infamous Google farmer udpate.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Is Quora the next big social media site? You’ve probably heard about it – now find out why you should be on it!
- The only social media metrics that matter – at least when it comes to ROI.
- The ultimate social media profile chart – the most popular social media sites by category with features including if they allow a custom title, bio, followed links, and number of links.
- How Econsultancy measures Twitter via Google Analytics – find out the details and see the bigger picture about your social media ROI.
- How to manage photos for the new Facebook pages and photos – aka how to get the photos you wan to be dispalyed front and center.
Product Launch Week in Review
For those of you who just stop by on Fridays (you know who you are ;)), this week on Kikolani has been dedicated to my first product launch of Blog Post Promotion: The Ultimate Guide. So far, it’s been a huge success, from the launch day post to the awesome reviews I have received.
Just as a friendly reminder, the introductory price is only good through Tuesday, March 8th. So if you haven’t gotten your copy, be sure to buy it now and find out why people are raving about it!
And if you have gotten it, join the affiliate program and spread the word to your blogging friends so they can also increase the popularity of their blog posts and articles too!
Partners in Crime
I promised puppies, and am delivering the cutest puppy video I found this week which has led me to now wanting a puppy. 🙂