This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 19 Ways to Build Relationships With Blog Comments – Business blogging strategy: use these blog comment tactics to build and cultivate better relationships with your business community.
- Building Community on Your Blog – If each fan spends $100 per year on your products and services, and you have 1000 “true fans”, you will have a nice six-figure income of $100,000. The question then becomesâ€¦ how do you build a community of fans?
- 20 Simple Ways to Boost Blog Subscribers – Find out 20 ways you can increase the number of visitors who subscribe to your business blog.
- 10 Real Ways to Beat the Beast that is Writerâ€™s Block – Will you let writerâ€™s block eat up your productivity, and come back for seconds to devour more free time?
- Your Blog, Your Rules â€“ Why Marketing Should Always Begin at Home – Don’t rely solely on social platforms for housing your content. Read the benefits of having your own blog and using social media to market it.
Business / Career
- 6 Tools to Find Online Influencers in Your Vertical – Want to get more exposure for your brand, business, or website? Try finding influencers in your industry using these six tools.
- 26 Tips for Success With Location-Based Marketing – What’s SoLoMo? How can you improve your location-based marketing? Discover more about optimization for local businesses and mobile marketing campaigns.
- 20 Mistakes that Will Undermine Your Call to Action and Cost You Sales – The most profitable sites use this tactic to convince readers to sign up for a newsletter, download an ebook, attend a webinar, or purchase a product. This is the difference between a highly profitable website and a failed marketing initiative. Yet most screw it up.
- Info Product Rookie Mistake You Donâ€™t Wanna Make – Learn one of the biggest mistakes many of us make when launching our first info product and, most importantly, how to avoid it.
- Build Brand Awareness and Business with Creative Video Blogging – Is entertaining people, while indirectly informing them of what your business offers a good strategy for video business blogging? Iâ€™d say, yes, everyone has what it takes, no, not all content will entertain people, and yes, entertainment with a bit of indirect promotion is a solid way of generating business from video blogging.
- The Two Kinds of Fears Freelance Writers Face â€” and How to Slay Them Both – There are two basic types of fears that paralyze freelance writers and keep them from having the writing careers they want.
- Kickstart Guide to Breaking into Freelance Illustration – Iâ€™m going to introduce you to five talented Freelance Illustrators. Theyâ€™ll tell you how they got into freelancing and what advice they can give you on getting started in a career in Freelance Illustration.
- 30 Essential Tools and Web Apps for Freelancers – Gregory Ciotti delivers a stellar list of 30 essential tools and web apps for freelancers that should be in their toolbox.
- How To Find Out Exactly What Your Writing Client Wants – For the most part, youâ€™re being hired to solve a problem. Obviously the customer thinks a piece of writing will solve that problem. You need to find out exactly what problem the they are trying to solve.
- The Starving Writerâ€™s Quick Guide to Finding Good-Paying Freelance Blogger Gigs – What sort of clients pay more for blog posts? Here is my guide for sleuthing out a better class of blogging client.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 10 Destructive Faults in Our Way of Thinking – The human mind is wonderful and powerful, but itâ€™s far from perfect.Â There are several common judgment errors that itâ€™s prone to making.
- Have You Ever Time Traveled? Because I Just Did – Things you can learn by reviewing the past.
- 21 Things You Could Do In Just 5 Minutes – We all get the same amount each day. But, you can make more of the time you have. You can be more productive. Not letting lifeâ€™s little moments slip by.
- 14 Effective Ways to Survive a Stressful Day at Work – Itâ€™s a challenge to keep your high spirit and stay sane in stressful working days. Here are some easy tips I used in order to avoid another weeping session in the office bathroom.
- What Are You Restless and Hungry For – Do you ever feel this way, at least somewhere inside, despite your greatest efforts to create a clandestine front?
Search Engines / SEO
- Googleâ€™s Matt Cutts Talks Search Result Popularity Vs. Accuracy – This video was his response to a user-submitted question: Does Google feel a responsibility to the public to return results that are truly based on a pageâ€™s quality (assuming quality is determined by the accuracy of info on a page) as opposed to popularity?
- In-house SEO, SEO Agency, or Both? 17 Points to Consider – While efficient, SEO is also a complex online marketing channel for acquiring new customers. Is it better to have one or more in-house SEOs or collaborate with a specialized SEO agency? Here are arguments for both and how to find the right mix.
- The Noob Guide to Link Building – Sites with unnatural link profiles create a footprint that is easy to identify from a 10,000 foot view and of course Google has that perspective. Donâ€™t put yourself on their radar by engaging in spammy tactics.
- 12 Killer Resources for E-commerce SEO – This post will provide 12 killer resources on how to improve your E-commerce SEO. Use these resources to help give you ideas to increase organic traffic, revenue, and conversion rates.
- Can There Really Be 85 Types Of Unnatural Links – I donâ€™t want to make light of an issue that is impacting livelihoods, but at the same time, there is a certain aspect the this current â€œunnatural linksâ€ meme that is just silly.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 Steps to Hosting Successful Twitter Chats: Your Ultimate Guide – Twitter chat guide: what you need to start a twitter chat event, create a plan, checklist, promotions, analytics and archiving.
- 20+ Overlooked Facebook Timeline Tips You Must Know – Some overlooked tips in managing your Facebook account and Timeline pages effectively: security tips, new features, news feed management, important links and more!
- The Right Way to Use Social Media for Outreach – In this post, learn how to use Twitter and LinkedIn to cultivate relationships with bloggers BEFORE sending a pitch.
- How to Get a Boatload of People to Pin Your Products to Pinterest – Pinterest is now the third most-popular social network in the U.S., and the best part about Pinterest is that it is an image driven site, and people love browsing image after image. And if your business is a product based one, youâ€™re a great fit for Pinterest.
- 10 Mistakes Youâ€™re Making on Your Brandâ€™s Facebook Page – A look at some of the goofs brands are making on Facebook. Give it a read, and add to the list in the comments.