This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup and the future of search in one minute on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 50 most influential people in blogging 2010 edition – If you’re looking to expand your blog reading selection, here is a great list of top bloggers in the industry.
- Top 10 blogs with blogging tips – an additional selection of great bloggers!
- Do you break blogging rules? Examples of some rules that can be broken that will pay off in your blogging success.
- 8 things you can do to become a better blogger – great tips, although I usually don’t have an issue with taking more time than average while writing. 🙂
- 29 no brainer tips for blogging success – tips that cover the basics of blogging, content creation, inspiration, taking care of readers, getting noticed, and getting serious.
- 15 articles to boost your blogging and business – roundup of great guest posts on blogging for business.
- 10 Facebook and Twitter resources to check out – since the majority were Facebook, I thought this would be a good section for a great list of how to’s and tutorials.
- Facebook Groups give rise to social nicheworking – discussion of how the new groups are changing social networking for niches.
- Facebook mobile dominates competition – infographic of the rise of Facebook mobile networking.
- Facebook and Bing make search more social – the collaboration between Bing search and Facebook.
- Facebook delete can take 16 embarassing months – if you think that crazy pic is gone, think again.
- 10 awesome free infographic tools – get started with your own infographics today with these free visualization tools and apps.
- How executives use social media – learn how to understand executives and professionals use of social media.
- How to get rid of villians in social media – a fun visualization of how to immunize yourself from trolls, bury brigades, disrupters, skeptics, and more.
- 7 things you don’t need to take photos of – a humorous guide to things that are over photographed (although I disagree with scenery).
- Rescue of the Chilean miners – photos and video, plus a small infographic on the situation.
- Hands on tips for link building – a great resource on everything including USPs, advanced Google searches, competitor research and more.
- Top 4 ways to SEO and link build with your PR – integrating these public relations strategies will lead to great results.
- How to help clients through link building confusion – why there is so much confusion when it comes to the subject of link building and what to do about it.
- A few things you should know about link building – 6 things that can affect your rankings.
- Link baiting and getting hooked – important elements of your link bait plan and 16 great link bait ideas.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- 7 lessons learned from monetizing Quick Sprout – notes about re-occuring revenue, email marketing, membership programs, and more.
- 10 successful entrepreneurs you must connect with – and even if you can’t connect with them, simply follow them as examples of how to do online business right.
- A beginners guide to successful email marketing – if you haven’t gotten on board with email marketing, here is a great guide to get you started.
- Your own product: how much value do you need to deliver – what it takes to make a successful premium product to compete with extremely valuable free alternatives.
- How I sold a website on Flippa – how to make money online via website flipping.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 4 ways mind maps make you more creative – how to keep from losing your mind, adapt to your preferred learning style, organize, and achieve superior results with mind mapping.
- 11 tips for effective email management – how to improve your productivity through better email mangagement.
- The power and price of illusions – are you living an illusion?
- How to get to know an introvert – the slower the better!
- Let nature unwind your stress – follow this blogger’s lead if you need to relax.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Do you use mind mapping to organize keywords and ideas – with examples of how to use specific mind mapping tools.
- How to use virtual pageviews in Google Analytics to track conversions – overcoming obstacles such as forms that post back to themselves.
- Don’t use pipes in URL’s – an answer straight from Google.
- Are we getting mixed SEO ranking signals – a look at some common SEO beliefs that seem to no longer apply.
- Ranking for keyword + cityname in multiple geographies – a look at how to build content, keyword targeting, on-page optimization, and link building.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to use Delicious social bookmarking – a comprehensive guide on how to use Delicious, including 8 innovative uses (one of which is powering my personal freelance writing portfolio).
- Top 10 metrics for measuring social media marketing ROI – three things to think about before diving into the ten things that will demonstrate the effectiveness of your social media strategy.
- Social search commands for everyday use – some advanced search operators for Twitter, Social Mention, and YouTube.
- Using social media for your HR needs – how to use Twitter, Facebook, and website / blog as recruitment tools.
- 10 social media and mobile business cards – ways to create a single page to list many (or all) of your social networking profiles.
- How to use Twitter during Blog World Expo or any other live event, conference, or seminar – keeping up with the latest news, meetups, people, and more.
- How to use TwitterFeed to maintain a consistent Twitter presence – I use it, and this post includes some great reasons why.
- How to win friends and automate people with TwitterFeed – more reasons and how-to on TwitterFeed.
- How to create backgrounds for New Twitter – another guide to make sure your important information is standing out with the new layout.
- Are trending topics out of reach for most marketers – what it takes to make a topic trend.
- 23 WordPress plugins I use – some active plugins used in conjunction with the Thesis theme daily and some that can be left inactive for occasional use (great idea).
- How to include and exclude images with WordPress Gallery Shortcode – simple yet effective tutorial.
- 3 SEO booster WordPress plugins – beyond All in One and other popular SEO plugins, a look at Insights, WP-Spoiler, and Table of Contents Creator.
- Is your WordPress site ready for PHP5 – a tool to check if your site is ready for the next upgrades.
- 9 books to learn everything about WordPress – design, development, and more.
I’m at Blog World!
This week’s Fetching Friday was put together Wednesday night, as Blog World began on Thursday and I wasn’t sure how much time I would have to compile the list. So this week’s post covers the best through Wednesday, and next week, be on the look out for everything from yesterday through rest of the week.
Also, if you’re at Blog World and reading this, definitely send me a tweet – maybe we can catch up if we haven’t already!
If you’re not in Vegas for the conference, keep an eye out on my tweets as well as those for the #bwe10 hashtag for the best nuggest of information from the sessions, as well as follow the live blogging on Stay on Search. Also, if you have a business card for your blog, find me! I would like to add it to a project! 🙂
Future of Search
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.