This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 21 dangerous blogging mistakes and how to fix them – 21 blogging experts (yours truly included) weigh in on some mistakes you might be making now that you should rectify immediately for blogging success!
- What happens when Gizmodo unleashes a flood of 42,000+ people to your blog – it involves laughing, rejoicing, and crying simultaneously.
- Misconceptions new bloggers have #1 – blogging takes super human effort vs. blogging is easy.
- 12 SEO strategies and marketing tactics for photoblogs – photography bloggers, this one is specifically for you!
- 7 ways to drive traffic to your blog from LinkedIn – from the bare minimum you need to do on LinkedIn to some advanced features.
Business / Career
- 5 essential elements you need to be a complete success in business – hint: don’t just focus on tactics.
- 50 effective landing page templates for your products – get more conversions using these great designs.
- Niche affiliate site or online store – which should you try if you want to quit your job and make money online?
- The real secret to personal productivity – ten tips from ten successful entrepreneurs and executives.
- The 7 biggest mistakes I’ve made building my online business – learn how failure could be the key to success.
Graphic Design / Web Design
- 20 fantastic psuedo-Flash websites – because Flash just won’t do (on mobile, iPads, search engines, etc.).
- Free WordPress themes – the 2011 edition of the best free WordPress themes.
- 70+ inspirational examples of websites designed with HTML5 – want to know the power of the new version of HTML? See some great examples.
- 30 creative print advertisements – looking for brochure printing inspiration? Try these creative ads!
- 30+ inspirational packaging designs – great ways to think out of the box.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 51 things that will make you smile – bookmark this post and read it everytime you need something to be happy about.
- 7 benefits of exercise and why weight loss isn’t one of them – if you can’t motivate yourself to workout for weightloss, then try getting motivated for these reasons!
- Pulling back the cover of motivation – a free 40+ page report + worksheets to help you discover your inspiration.
- How to write a great to-do list and why you need to – six steps to writing an effective to-do list.
- 5 life lessons from Kung Fu Panda 2 – movies aren’t just for entertainment after all.
- How to stop ending your days with not enough done – four things you can do to start getting more done everyday.
Search Engines / SEO
- 3 ways to use Google’s new image search for link building – even if you’re not interested in SEO or link building, you might get some other great usage ideas from this post.
- 5 often overlooked local SEO tips – get more visibility in local search using these five tips.
- Direct traffic – a look at what this website traffic source in your Google Analytics really means.
- The huge, untapped potential of Q&A content for SEO – how to really use question and answer sites for your search optimization strategy.
- A step by step guide to effective online article marketing – the post Panda strategy.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Your guide to Google+ – just getting started on Google+ or wanting to get a peek inside before you get your invite? This is the post for you!
- Using curation to increase your influence – being known as the person who shares the most interesting things in your industry will help build your influence! Here are some tools to help you do it!
- 5 alternative ways to search Twitter by location – I found over 70 people in my area who are into blogging. Who could you find?
- 5 reasons social media will not work for you – aka, if you’re doing it wrong, don’t expect much!
- 13 awesome Twitter lists for inbound marketers to follow – looking for some new information on social media, email, SEM, and SEO? Find it in these lists!
Going to Blog World LA in November?
If you’re planning to go to Blog World Expo in Los Angeles from November 3 – 5, be sure to register before July 21st to get the early bird discount AND use my discount code KIKOLANI20 for an additional 20% off of the early bird price.
That way you can save some extra money for your hotel, meals, and after parties! 🙂
Also, let me know if you’re going so I can add you to my BWELA Twitter list.
Disclosure: Yes, I’m a Blog World affiliate. But I’m also going for my second year in a row and if it’s as much fun as last time, I definitely won’t feel bad for referring my friends & readers to go too!
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from Northern Arizona. While driving up to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, I pulled off the road for some magnificent clouds – turned into my best shot of the day as the storms rolled in by the time I got to my destination. It just goes to show that it’s really about the journey, not the end goal!
The Phoenix Haboob
If we’re connected on Facebook or Google+, you might have seen the dust covered car and parking lot that was the aftermath of a giant haboob, or dust storm, that hit Phoenix earlier this week.
Local photographer Mike Olbinski captured a fantastic timelapse of the weather phenomenon. It’s been featured on CNN, Gizmodo, local news stations, and a variety of other places, but in case you missed it, here you go. Say hello to monsoon season in Arizona!