This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
- The Top 75 Must-Read Online Marketing Blogs – Last year, I compiled 75 Marketing Blogs that covered conversion, content, email, paid search, SEO, analytics, blogging, and social media marketing. Of course, there are many more awesome blogs out there. So today, weâ€™re going to expand that list and add 75 MORE must read blogs for you to consume that cover marketing and business inspiration!
Blogging / Content
- How to Use Ebooks Strategically and Reach Your Content Marketing Goals – Letâ€™s briefly review the two prominent ebook styles, and how either (or both) might serve your business goals. Then, read on for inspiration and ideas directly from a few accomplished ebook authors.
- 3 Unusual Cures for Boring Headlines – Letâ€™s have a little fun and poke the headline experts in the eye. In the process, youâ€™ll build your audience quicker, stick readers to your blog like super glue, and position your blog to make money.
- Kindle Publishing: Your Guide to Getting Responsive Traffic with Kindle – Kindle publishing, Blogging, and Marketing: how to connect the dots to maximize traffic, exposure, and even build email list with Kindle.
- 11 Clever Ways to Nurture Leads With Your Business Blog – Learn how you can use your blog not just as a traffic and lead generator — but also as a lead nurturing tool.
- The Misfitâ€™s Guide to Finding Interesting Images for Your Blog Post – My sources of images arenâ€™t well-guarded secrets. Like I said above you could do this on your own. Everywhere I find images you have equal access to.
Business / Career
- 5 Ways To Flip Your Copywriting For Higher Conversion Rates – When copywriting for our search landing pages, we should consider where on the awareness scale our customers fall. Keywords are the, well, key.
- What Marketers Need to Know About the New FTC Disclosures – Recent FTC Rules and Regulations: learn more about what you need to disclose and how to make disclosures on social media that comply with U.S. consumer laws.
- A 7-Step Landing Page Template to Convert Prospects into Leads – Here’s a template for free reports that you can adapt to most markets in which your prospects are just becoming aware of the problem and potential solutions.
- Save Your Business Blog From Googleâ€™s RSS Hammer – July 1st, Google’s RSS Reader is done. Gone. Finito. Use this comprehensive strategy that will not only save, but grow your business blog subscribers.
- 25 Awesome Examples of Business Card Stickers – 25 Of The Worlds Coolest, Original & Creative Business Cards. Get Inspired! Check Out These Amazing Business Card Stickers & Print Your Own!
Search Engines / SEO
- .EDU Link School: Tips & Tactics for Snagging Authoritative Links From Higher Ed – There are a ton of ripe link opportunities at schools, if you know where to look. Here are a few actionable and high probability tips and tactics for snagging .edu links.
- 7 Takeaways From The Local Search Association Annual Conference – In this monthâ€™s column, I will highlight my key takeaways from the LSA conference, which are focused on both the strides I believe local marketers should take to better serve our clients, as well as the steps that businesses should pursue as the local advertising space continues to evolve.
- 5 Rules to Effectively Use Press Releases for Links – There may have been some misuse of press releases along the way as a “fast” way to pick up some “easy” links. But the press release can still be a valuable online marketing tool. If you use them right they can still help get links, in a real way.
- 7 A/B Testing Blunders That Even Experts Make – But before you go out there and start running A/B tests, in hopes to get the same results for your business, there are a few things you need to know.
- How To Get Links By Writing About Other People – At first, this may seem counter-intuitive to earning links for yourself â€” however, linking out to influential people while pumping out great content can be one of the best link building tactics out there, and hereâ€™s why.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 7 Deadly Facebook Marketing Sins According to Grandma Mary – Make sure you arenâ€™t making these mistakes with your Facebook marketing. You probably wonâ€™t die, but your business could suffer – even worse!
- 20 Data-Backed Ways to Upgrade Your Social Media Marketing – Get tips on how to improve your social media marketing that all stem from real research and data.
- 6 Ways To Capture Leads From Facebook Pages – Do you use Facebook to capture leads for your business? Amanda Webb stops by to tell us six ways that you can do it!
- 50 Ways to Generate Leads with Social Media – Using social media monitoring, content creation, advertising, and networking, you will be a hero at your organization by bringing in leads like never before. Here are 50 ways to drive leads with social media.
- Social Media in 2013 – Demographics for Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram – How are social media demographics in 2013 distributed? Here is a breakdown of all relevant data from the latest research.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
The Science of Productivity
AsapSCIENCE is my new favorite channel on YouTube, and hopefully after you watch the following video and visit their channel for more, it will be yours too! Let me know what you think. 🙂