This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- The Foolproof Formula for Writing a Solid Blog Post [Template] – Learn the formula for writing successful blog posts so you can keep up your business blogging efforts with little stress.
- 6 Signs That Site Isnâ€™t Worthy Of Your Guest Post – Weâ€™ve all heard how important guest blogging can be to your small business marketing efforts. But below are six signs a site isnâ€™t worthy of your post and you should place it somewhere else.
- 28 Attributes of Good Content Marketing to Rock Your Social Business – I like simplify where many want to complicate. Below are what I believe to be the top attributes for content marketing that will drive results.
- 15 Ways to Be a More Prolific and Productive Blogger – Thereâ€™s no need to fear. Itâ€™s actually not that complicated to be a prolific blogger. You just have to develop a few consistent habits.
- 14 Unique Types of Content Every Marketer Should Try – Under-used content you should incorporate into your marketing content strategy.
Business / Career
- 9 User Experience Pitfalls That Repel Website Visitors – In this blog post Iâ€™m going to share some things that send users away from your website â€“ all of which you have the power to reverse!
- How to Use Social Advertising for Finding New Employees – This week, weâ€™re going to look specifically at using social advertising on Facebook and LinkedIn to attract even more potential employees to your career opportunities.
- Marketing You Wonâ€™t Hate â€“ Inbound vs. Outbound [Infographic] – Are you new school or old school? Learn how inbound marketing is changing the face of customer acquisition and brand personality.
- The 100 Blogs You Need in Your Life – The 100 blogs listed below make up a piece of the puzzle that leads you to leaving work behind and building a better life for yourself.
- 72 Reasons You Should Never Get A Job – Why you should not get a job and spend your time building and creating value in your life and life of others.
- Do You Feel Like You Are Trapped in a Rat Race – In this post, Iâ€™ll list some of the things that make freelancing seem like just another rat race and explain how you can reclaim your freelancing freedom.
- The 10-Step Guide to Fixing the Writer Website Fails That Cost You Clients – Is something on your writer site keeping clients from calling you? Here are the 10 biggest problems I see when I review writer websites.
- 6 Great Infographics About Freelancing – Whether you’re a freelancer or thinking of taking the leap, these infographics can help. They are full of useful information and statistics.
- 6 Tips For Reading A Magazineâ€™s Websites To Sell Your Writing – If you want to break into magazine writing, there are three sources of information you must know about â€“ the magazineâ€™s market listing, the magazine itself and the magazineâ€™s website
- The Legalities of Freelancing Under a Brand Name – It can seem easy to set up a brand name: you just have to buy a domain name and suddenly youâ€™re in business under your new name. But there are some legal concerns that you need to deal with, sooner rather than later.
Search Engines / SEO
- SEO vs PPC â€“ Time for a Fight [INFOGRAPHIC] – Who would win in a fight between SEO and PPC for your marketing $$? Find out in this juicy infographic and stat fight.
- The Complete Guide to Link Building with Local Events – Whether youâ€™re a small local business or an international company, hosting local events is a great way to build your brand, both offline and online.
- 10 Tips From @RandFish On Upping Your Organic Traffic Game – Rand focuses on 10 tips for upping our investments in organic or â€œinbound marketingâ€ for a better return on our marketing dollars.
- How to Develop Conversion-Oriented Link Building Strategies using Google Analytics – In this post, Iâ€™ll be sharing a few tips on how you can utilize Google Analytics to mine better insights to develop more targeted and conversion-oriented link building strategies.
- Google Penguin Crashes Wedding Site’s Shady Link Building Strategy – For those who have been negatively impacted, what follows are details about one site that has been hit by the Google Penguin update. This site was guilty of doing some shady link building and had no idea what link building strategies were used due to outsourcing.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 40+ Tips on How to Become a Social Media Rock Star on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ – Want to be successful on three of the top social networks: Twitter, Facebook, and Google+? If so, check out these 40+ tips on how to be a social media rockstar!
- 21 Amazing Twitter Tools for Brand Visibility and Time Management – Find out how to declutter and make full use of your busy Twitter stream for brand visibility. Productive tools to help you focus on tweets/connections that matter!
- The Facebook Dirty Dozen [Infographic] – Facebook Marketing can be confusing and frustrating at times. Hereâ€™s a checklist of 12 common mistakes most people make on Facebook.
- 26 Social Media Marketing Hidden Treasures You Never Knew Existed – Read tips that you may not know about some of the largest social networks that will help you in your social media marketing.
- How To Implement Twitter Cards – Twitter Cards are rich snippets for Tweets, transforming Twitter into a visual feed and making Twitter Card optimization a vital part of social portability.
The Vendor Client Relationship in Real World Situations
For my freelancing and consulting readers – how many of you can relate to this?