This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Creating a Successful Blog Post â€“ From Idea to Promotion – My blogging process, from compiling topic ideas to promoting posts for success.
- 7 Tips to Increase Your Blog Comments – What you need to know about blog comments and how to build a strong blog community by encouraging your readers to leave more comments.
- Get The 7-Step Extreme Blog Makeover – 7 cosmetic improvements you can make today to breathe new life into your blog.
- 7 Creativity Roadblocks You Need to Be Aware Of – 7 of the most awful creativity roadblocks you need to be aware of that might stand between your vision and success. Also see 5 Tips To Boost Your Creativity.
- 61 Ways to Lead Readers with Directional Keywords – Directional keywords can help guide your website visitors to do what you want them to do.
Business / Career
- 21 Big Marketing Ideas for Small Marketing Budgets – Are you trying to market your company online? Well, who isnâ€™t? But do you know how to market your company online without spending too much money?
- 3 Simple Strategies to Double Your Webinar Attendance – If you run webinars and want to increase you webinar attendance then use these simple strategies to boost subscribers and profits from your webinars.
- The Ultimate Online Marketing Recipe – KISSmetrics has crafted the ultimate online marketing recipe. One thatâ€™s easy to follow and breaks everything down into steps.
- 23 Brilliant Bloggers Talk About Sales Letters – Every has their own idea of what a sales letter should and should not be, but the fact is that some simple convert better than others. Learn which one is right for you and your blog / products.
- Become A Good Online Marketer In 5 Really Hard Steps – Experienced online marketers know there are no shortcuts to building long term web visibility.
Graphic Design / Web Design
- How to Create An Effective Complex Footer: Content Design and Examples– Ways to incorporate relevant and user-friendly elements into your footer.
- Compilation of Well Designed Donation Pages – Take a peek down through to see some examples of both subtle and more extravagant designs that have tackled this task with style.
- 45 Creative Examples of Large Typography In Web Design – Some very creative layouts using huge typography.
- 42 Awesome Single Page Portfolio Websites – Dzine Blog has a collection of single page portfolio websites for you to enjoy.
- Traits of Successful Website Welcome Pages – Some analyses of a range of successful website welcome pages below
Personal Development / Productivity
- Falling Into the Seth Godin Way through Reading â€œLinchpinâ€ – Becoming Indispensable. Quotes. Shifts in perspective. Creating your own art and genius.
- How to Become a Big Thinker – Thinking big is not a gift, but a skillâ€”one that anyone can develop. It starts by understanding the process and then consistently practicing it.
- 75 Most Inspirational Kickass Quotes on Life, Love, Happiness, Change & Growth – Inspirational quotes for life, love, happiness, change, growth when you need some motivation and inspiration.
- Beating the Afternoon Slump – 3 preventions and 3 cures.
- Toss Productivity Out – Letâ€™s look at some traditional productivity advice, and see why we should just toss them out.
Search Engines / SEO
- 10 Ugly SEO Tools that Actually Rock – SEOmoz loves ugly SEO tools. Theyâ€™re practical and more often than not, made by a single developer. Let’s spread the love by appreciating those under-designed tools that are actually awesome.
- 26 Creative and Innovative Link Building Experts and Their Strategies – Some of the most creative and innovative link builders in the industry that I know, including their works that somehow influenced my views as an SEO.
- 14 Awesome Features in the New Google Analytics V5 – This article presents 14 awesome features that are new or have changed in Google Analytics and details about how to use them.
- In Defense Of Search Engine Optimization – The SEO industry has a very bad name for favoring shady tactics over sustained efforts. Not all apples are bad but too many spoil the bunch.
- SEO Traffic 101 – Simple strategies to build up your SEO traffic.
Social Media / Social Networking
- The Holistic Approach To Social Media – The holistic approach to marketing applied in social media, the return of the four Pâ€™s and a different and the right questions to ask before you hit the social web.
- Facebook Page Setup for Bloggers: An Ultimate Guide – Step by step guide to creating your own Facebook Fan Page for exposure and as another way to communicate with potential customers, clients or your blog readers.
- What to Tweet to Get More Followers – 10 simple ways to Tweet in order to grow my followers exponentially.
- Social Media Engagement and Long Term Relationship Building – One of the greatest benefits of social media is creating real long term relationships with your audience – this post highlights several stories and examples!
- Getting Started With LinkedIn: How to Grow Your LinkedIn Network Fast In 4 Steps – 4 more fail-proof ways to significantly start building and expanding your LinkedIn network really fast.
Have Your Registered for Blog World Yet?
If you haven’t already, your window for savings is almost closed. All passes are discounted until September 21st – that’s a savings of $300 off the full access pass, $50 off the 1 or 2-day passes, and $100 off of the virtual ticket.
14 confirmed keynote and session speakers are currently on the homepage as well as details about the highly anticipated monetization track which can be found on the Blog World blog.
Plus you can still use my discount code KIKOLANI20 for an additional 20% off. So what are you waiting for?? Register now and let me know you’re going too so I can add you to my BWELA Twitter list !
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo is a tribute to my hometown state of Mississippi, even if it was ironically captured in Australia.
A Timelapse Journey with Nature
Advertisers are apparently learning my language. Who can resist this!