This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring a shorter resources mashup and vacation announcement.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 8 great reasons for private blog groups – great tips on why you should get your writers together, including post promotion and strengthening your community.
- How to become a faster writer in 12 weeks – a nice 4 step plan and 90 day challenge to help you become a more efficient writer.
- Scribnia – why you should join this great blogging community.
- Step by step guide to guest blogging – how to find blogging opportunities, brainstorm ideas, contact blog owners, and more.
- Blogging struggles and the advice to overcome them – 18 solutions to issues bloggers face.
Business / Career / Finance
- 20 tips your small business can use to build credibility – simple, yet good tips for small businesses looking to build a good reputation online.
- 9 SEO mistakes business make with content – pretty good tips on what you can do to improve your web content.
- How to use LinkedIn to generate business – pretty much everything you need to be doing on LinkedIn.
- My name = my brand – a reminder that you should keep an eye on the most important brand: you!
- The benefits of business blogging – if your business isn’t doing it, here are a few reasons you should.
- Competitor research for link building – depending on what a client’s keyword focus is, their idea of competitors may not really be their competitors.
- How to get links in tough industries – if you’re struggling building links, try out some of these tips!
- The big bad social bookmarking scam – why you shouldn’t pay spammers to spam your site on social bookmarking sites.
- Link building tool interview with Garrett French of Ontolo – shares some free link building tools, plus shares an important aspect of the value of nofollow links.
- Paid links vs. linkbait – what’s the better value? You might be surprised by the answer.
- 24 link building how-tos, news, and tools reviewed – Late addition filled with some great info from this week in link building.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- How to create information products quickly – great tips on tackling a large project in a limited time.
- How much does Google Adsense pay you – interesting information for those who use Adsense for monetizing.
- 6 things I have learned since having my Adsense account disabled – some tips on what not to do if you want to keep your Adsense income.
- 13 online PPC marketing courses – from free, $50, and up. A good list!
- Create a product that people love to buy – tips from successful online entrepreneurs.
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- Start things you can’t finish – picking your battles, limits, and handling unrealistic dreams and expectations.
- Sharing life skills on a new level – the beginning of a great montly newsletter series for personal development!
- The introvert meltdown – or why introverts need a little r&r on their own.
- 5 ways to obliterate emotional pain from your day – good tips if you are finding yourself under intense emotional pressure.
- How to break out of the avoidance, apathy, and regret cycle – a nice article for those who find themselves in any one of these states.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Top 10 Google search results analysis after the MayDay update – which search engines bring back the results that you want, and does anchor text or meta descriptions make a difference in rankings?
- 17 killer techniques for driving search traffic to your blog – great tips if your site is lacking search engine referrals.
- How to make the right keyword analysis for your website – nice guide on ways to choose your keywords and organize them to be used throughout your website effectively.
- 5 things to kill search engine rankings and their solutions – website redesigns, CMS changes, loss of links, duplicate content, and SEO spam help.
- Search engine algorithm changes and their affects on SEO – or more importantly, their effects on SEO spam.
- 7 secrets of social media conversion – infographic plus some great information on making successful SMM conversions.
- How to audit your social media efforts – 20 great questions to find out if you are doing social media the right way.
- 4 ways to measure social media and its impact on your brand – tips on measuring exposure, engagement, influence, and lead generation funnels.
- Youtube infographic – lots of facts, stats, and other trivia on the video sharing site.
Tech / Tools / Tips
- After vacation security – updating Antivirus software before checking email – common post vacation security risk for your computer.
- 21 Firefox extensions every marketer needs – a nice list that includes a few things I need in my arsenal.
- 30 indespensable iPad tips – ways to save you time and make your iPad more valuable.
- What it’s like to own an Apple product – humor via the Oatmeal.
- 20 must have Android apps for developers and designers – I don’t know how much you can design on a Droid, but if you can, these will help.
- Twitter adds more context to tweets with Twitter places – expanding location based functionality – how it works and what it means for marketers.
- Celebrities’ followers have zero influence – an interesting look at who has the most influential followers between Britney Spears, Chris Brogan, the NY Times, and more.
- 50 power Twitter tips – and this is why Chris Brogan has the most influence.
- How to create a custom Twitter background design – why you should have one, and what it should contain.
- 5 awesome Twitter searches – ways to monitor reputation management, find free stuff, see if people love or hate you, and more.
- Best blogroll plugin for WordPress – give your blogroll links the most SEO value possible.
- How to add the Facebook like button on WordPress.com blogs – nice tip for those without self hosted WordPress blogs.
- The essential guide to WordPress 3.0 custom taxonomies – 3.0 is here, and you’ll want to know about these!
- PubSubHubbub – how to get your posts in WordPress indexed quickly and distributed in real time search.
Why is Fetching Friday shorter this week?
Sorry everyone for the shorter mashup this week, but I had to cut it a bit because I ran out of time. I officially started my vacation on Thursday. I will be moderating comments via my Droid here and there (maybe some retweets and Twitpics), but otherwise I’ll be officially offline through Sunday. But next week, I’ll have the all the sections back in plus video. Promise! 🙂