This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, a new SEO blogging contest, and some creative sheep LED art on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 5 reasons why blogging is not easy – what you’ll need to be successful.
- Ultimate guide to blog commenting – part of a series which also includes guest blogging.
- 45 link building tips to help you promote your blog – oldie but goodie and a must read.
- How to increase blog traffic, subscribers, and sales – interview with Michael Dunlop.
- In praise of spam – how do you feel about spam comments?
Business / Career / Finance
- A simple question to jump start your finances – start getting your personal finances on track.
- Staring a service based business online – targeted for under 18 entrepreneurs, but valuable tips for everyone.
- Cause marketing 101 – marketing partnerships between profit and non-profit organizations.
- The Klingon guide to online marketing – a perspecive for sci-fi fans.
- How social are your customers? Applications to help you find where your customers are online.
- 10 ways to grow your Facebook page following – great tips to get more fans!
- See your Facebook invite history – a link on Facebook that I didn’t know about, but is kind of interesting when it comes to seeing who you’ve invited to the Facebook network.
- 10 Facebook pages that are exploding in popularity – great examples of successful pages.
- How not to win friends and influence people – a big no-no on Facebook.
- 8 powerful ways to use Facebook landing tabs – great ways to maximize your Facebook real estate.
- Linktoberfest! SEO infographic and link building data visualization – fun, animated infographic showing the value and difficulty of different types of links (one of 12 kickass SEO infographics ).
- Star Wars infographic – great visualization for sci-fi fans.
- 90 seriously creative infographics – a huge collections for infographic junkies!
- The lowdown on apps infographic – the real numbers behind the world of apps, and why they are so popular.
- Aliens & Avatar – a funny comparison of the similarties between the two films.
- Simple co-citation analysis and link prospecting – a process for finding link prospects for a linkable asset using simple, targeted, hostname-only co-citation analysis.
- Salvaging old links to save PageRank – how to look for 404 pages on your site and save the link juice going to them.
- SEO spammers vs. the white hat army – how to know them and who will win.
- Links matter: how to measure and attain them – great tips from a Rand Fishkin / Dave Snyder presentation.
- Manage your backlinks with Delicious – a free way to keep track of your personal link building efforts.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- Introducing a new generation of monetization – the multi-blog advertising system – advertising on not only one, but five powerful blogs in a niche.
- Using multiple blog monetization strategies to generate income – covers all the basics to start earning on your blog.
- What could you sell from your blog – a brainstorming activity.
- 8 powerful tools to turn your blog into a profit center – concise reviews of 8 services you will want to use to start generating income on your blog.
- Make money online with Fiverr – a marketplace where everything is no more or no less than $5.
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- How to identify your passions – 7 questions to ask yourself.
- How to feel great and keep a smile on your face – tips to make life happier (just the picture will make you smile).
- Top 13 inspiring movies to make you think about life – part one features the first six – Forrest Gump is probably my favorite out of these, being southern based.
- 5 simple ways to make time for your dreams – sadly, one way involves getting away from your computer.
- Achieving peak performance – how you can operate at your best to achieve your goals.
Photography / Digital Art
- 21 examples of natural light photography – gorgeous, almost surreal photos.
- 20 moments of beauty in terrible disasters – photos that pulls something beautiful out of something tragic.
- Is it possible to take great iPhone photos? 20 great photos, manipulated with iPhone apps.
- 55 incredible, amusing, and strange photoworks – interesting photo manipulations.
- 40 breathtaking examples of silhouette photography – beautiful sihouettes of people, animals, and nature.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Conquering big industries with a bulletproof SEO strategy – using long tail keyword optimization from the start through site structure, optimization, and link building.
- Is PPC still working? Your opinions wanted!
- 10 SEO tips to remember when building your site – nice checklist for creating a new website.
- 75 local SEO meetups – great networking opportunities!
- Calculating ROI on Internet Marketing – measurings your return on investment for PPC, organic search, and social media with Google Analytics.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Top 10 ways to promote your social media presence offline – fun ways to wear your social media enthusiasm.
- How to use PostRank for social media analytics and engagement – check out the social sharing statistics on your site & others, plus get a free three month trial of their analytics to get in-depth engagement analytics.
- How to get more visibility with online video branding – in-depth video interview with transcript.
- Your introduction to intense social sharing – the percentage of network, content, and luck needed to be successful on social networks.
- 25 upcoming social media and tech events – includes Blog World Expo and many more!
- Write the first line of your email like a tweet to grab interest – sounds like a great idea, until you read the comments.
- Utilizing Twitter for conversations and information – how to get more out of Twitter.
- Jump start your company Twitter account – from setup to acquiring followers and building community.
- 5 tools to help you automate Twitter – not fully automate it, but automate some aspects.
- Timelapse of our Twitter moods – interesting infographic and video of how the moods of the US change throughout the day on Twitter.
- 50 premium commercial and business WordPress themes – Most for less than $50.
- Leadership lessons learned from the WordPress / Thesis / GPL issue – an interesting viewpoint into the Mullenweg vs. Pearson battle.
- 11 ways to speed up WordPress – great ways to optimize your WordPress site.
- How CommentLuv stole my heart from Disqus – a beautiful love story.
- 9 essential SEO WordPress plugins – a few in this list I didn’t know about but sound good!
A New Blogging Contest for SEO’s
Gerald of the SEO blog for will Search Engine Marketing Group is looking for sponsors for his upcoming Bad Ass SEO Guest Blogging Contest.
Why should you sponsor? Here are 3 great reasons!
1) The blog has over 8,000 subscribers.
2) @the_gman has over 100,000 followers.
3) Like the recent Famous Bloggers / ComLuv contest, there will be lots of link juice flowing from people who know what quality link juice is all about!
Sponsors are already rolling in, including the popular web hosting company Hostgator. So contact him today through his website or reply to him on Twitter and get some major exposure for your business, blog, or website.
Extreme Sheep LED Art
It starts out a little iffy, but you will be amazed by the herding skills of these dogs and the imagination and choreography skills of the people behind it all.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.