The web world is no longer a ‘web-like-quest’. Long back Search Engine Optimization(SEO) used to be a discipline governed by blackhat marketers. The intention was clear to drive traffic and improve online ranking. However the boulevard turned to be a secret pathway as Google didn’t like it.
With the moving time ‘Hidden Insights of SEO’ turned to be ‘a game of common sense’. Big brands started using quality content, address their target audience search intent and optimize the site accordingly from a tech perspective.
Before we go ahead with the ‘Concealed Insights of SEO’, I would like to highlight some of the essential categories of SEO tools. The tools that will be mentioned here keep high importance and must be in your knowledge being a marketer. Basically, there are six essential types of tools you need to know, if you are planning to have the best use of SEO. These types according to me are:
- Keyword Analysis
- Content Ideas
- Link Building
- Link Removal
- Technical SEO
There are various tools in each of these categories (which can be opted for a fee or paid) that allow you to have better traffic and improve ranking.
Moving further we’ll get to our topic for this article. As I mentioned earlier, the SEO Insights is nowhere a ‘sealed parcel’ of intelligence agencies. It is something that any of us can perform easily, all we need is a little attention and the vision like that of any visitor.
Here I’ll be talking about 12 Hidden Insights of SEO, which I believe will help you in creating better rank for your website and further creating your brand name. Here we go:
- No Rocket Science: The first thing I’ll highlight is that the SEO task is no rocket science. Concentrate upon giving the best user experience for your visitor. You might drag the audience to your website, but keeping them glued needs quality content. Make sure that your content is authentic and had the spark to keep readers attached. Higher the time your visitor’s stay the better rank you attain.
- Serve fresh like a dish: Remember, if there are 10 people looking for history, you have a million searching for the recent activities. The best content is the one which talks about the recent insights, activities, innovations, products, and services. Talk about the current year and the updates, innovations and information coming ahead in time.
- A friendly gesture: People don’t have enough time to invest. Try keeping your website and the content inside user friendly. Make sure that the website responds well on mobile also. The content visibility and the access don’t lose its essence. The friendlier you are, the more you’ll have people around spending time with you (traffic).
- Long-Tail: keep it bold: Keep focus on the long tail and location-based keywords. This will help you remarkably in attaining a good ranking. Let us take an example with ‘Doctors in Paris’ will generate comparatively less leads than that of ’Surgeons in Paris’. Using the latter will undoubtedly help you get better traffic and audience for website. Subsequently improving your brand ranking.
- Right one at the right place: The process of delivering information must be rightly executed with every keyword being structured in the right way at the right place. You need to keep a track that the keywords do not negatively influence the body of the article and the information so delivered.
- Deliver information: I must not be wrong by saying that people come to the internet with a question. Be the one delivering the answer to them. By using keywords matching to it you can drag the audience while by delivering the answer you can earn the trust of your audience and thus have them for a longer duration.
- Title of your page: Create a title that is relevant to the topic. Focus on two-three keywords that are used inside and thus bring them in a well formulated way. A page title needs to be fewer than 70 characters and must not exceed the length of three-long tail keywords. Each of these should be separated by pipes (|).
- Meta Description: ranging less than 150 characters the description can include two primary keywords in it. So while preparing the Meta description for your website, be sure that which two keywords should be amalgamated in these 150 characters.
- The Page URL: You can use keywords in your page URL. The keywords so used must be separated by dashes.
- Heading tags: In order to optimize search engine you need to have either one or two tags from your heading. It has been noticed that usually in order to amalgamate these, people are tend to ruin the flow of the article. Make sure that the keywords are used in flow of conversation and do not hinder the flow of conversation.
- Links: Add some internal links of your website. Let us take an example, you somewhere talk about the economy in this article and you have another article that narrates the same in descriptive form; add a link to it. This will keep your readers engaged. Usually people do take the flow to other websites by adding their links; make sure you don’t join the league.
- Add some Images: A pictorial description adds commendably to the gleam. Try recalling the days of childhood and the essence that the pictures used to add while reading. The same works today when we are grown up. The reason behind is that the pictures easily narrate the entire saga depicted in that 200-300 word paragraph.
These were the 12 major points talking about the hidden insights about SEO. I’m sure that while reading the entire article and with that every passing point, you had the thought; this is no rocket science. I agree to it this nowhere is any rocket science. We just need to concentrate upon smaller things and think from a reader’s perspective and not like a marketer.
Apart from these I would also like to highlight that the Google approved SEO percentage is 2%. This means that, to the maximum you can use two keywords for every 100 words. Exceeding this limit might truncate the post or website and the act might come into the foul play genre.
Friends before I conclude this post I would like to highlight, that use of SEO is undoubtedly a pathway that can take your brand to better position but if used extensively the same might turn opposite to you. The consequence thus might get against your plans and expectations. So be smart while using this smarter step of promoting the brand name over this less complicated web world.
About the Author:
Vaishnavi Agrawal loves pursuing excellence through writing and have a passion for technology. She has successfully managed and run personal technology magazines and websites. She currently writes for intellipaat.com, a global training company that provides e-learning and professional certification training.
The courses offered by Intellipaat address the unique needs of working professionals. She is based out of Bangalore and has an experience of 5 years in the field of content writing and blogging. Her work has been published on various sites related to Hadoop, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, IT, SAP, Project Management and more.