One of the benefits of being a blogger is getting the opportunity to review products. Once you build a decent amount of traffic targeted to an audience with specific interests, you will probably start to see offers rolling in.
Two Important Things to Consider
There is one question that you should answer first and foremost before accepting any product to review on your blog. If you can answer this question with a definitive yes, then everything else is just details.
Will this product be beneficial to my readers?
This is most important factor I consider before accepting a product to review – whether that product will somehow benefit my audience. Not how much commission I will make off the product, and not how much I will simply like to have that product in my hands, but how much my audience will benefit from the information I share with them once I have reviewed the product.
As a blogger, if you start with answering that question, and the answer is yes, then you can feel good about anything you do in terms of promoting that product to your audience. It will tell you whether the product fits your niche and whether you will actually be able to convert your review into sales.
Then you can move onto the following question, which is also crucial.
How does the product source treat the reviewer?
Customer service is another factor to consider when doing a product review. A lot of the time, products are sent to reviewers prior to their actual release. I have gotten in on a few services while they were in their beta stages of testing, and ran into a few problems.
Fortunately I have been lucky so far in that when I my contact for that product, they were quick to check out the issue and take care of it. This says to me that, if one of my readers were to buy the product, they should get the same service.
Why I Chose the ThinkCentre M90z
This leads me to the latest, and most exciting product I have had the chance to review – the ThinkCentre M90z by Lenovo.
This desktop has been a life-saver when it comes to my productivity, because I had been working with a laptop that, every couple of days, would have some strange issue. The last straw was the day it decided to do some kind of hard drive disk check and managed to wipe out several important files I had been working on, one of which was my blog promotion ebook. Luckily I had been backing that up via email, so it was safe and sound.
So how will my readers benefit from this review?
There are two primary reasons I chose to do this review. The first is about my aforementioned loss of productivity due to not having a top-notch computer to work from. That loss in productivity meant that couldn’t get as much done as I needed to, resulting in less posts and less interaction with my audience.
Now that I have a dependable machine that rocks with regards to speed, I have spent less time fighting with technology and more time writing posts, getting organized, and engaging with my audience. Plus it has a webcam so I can start recording more videos, doing interviews, etc.
The second reason is the best. I get to giveaway one ThinkCentre M90z to my readers!
And my site is not the only one. The following sites are also hosting giveaways of the same great desktop!
- Free Tech 4 Teachers – Apr 14 through Apr 18
- Ilja Coolen \ ICSS – Apr 15 through Apr 19
- Physician Mom – Apr 16 through Apr 20
- Scrubd In – Apr 17 through Apr 21
- Kathy Schrock’s Kaffeeklatsch – Apr 18 through Apr 22
- Steve Hargadon.com – Apr 19 through Apr 23
- Box of Tricks – Apr 21 through Apr 25
- Clinton Fitch.com – Apr 22 through Apr 26
- Around the Corner – Apr 23 through Apr 27
- Tech Savvy Ed – Apr 25 through Apr 29
- Small Biz Technology – Apr 26 through Apr 30
- Ablet Factory – Apr 27 through May 1
- Click Newz – Apr 28 through May 2
- Geekazine – Apr 29 through May 3
- 21st Century Education Technology – Apr 30 through May 4
- A GeekyMomma’s Blog – May 1 through May 5
- Marsha Collier’s Musings – May 2 through May 6
- VA Insiders Club – May 3 through May 7
- Your Virtual Assistant – May 4 through May 8
- Jake Ludington’s Media Blab – May 5 through May 9
- Mobile PC World – May 6 through May 10
- Dangerously Irrelevant – May 7 through May 11
- Bud the Teacher – May 8 through May 12
- Kikolani – May 9 through May 13
- Geeks To Go – May 10 through May 14
- Chad Lehman.com – May 11 through May 15
You’ll get my full detailed review, along with additional details about the tools I use for maximum productivity on May 9th, the start of the giveaway here.
In the meantime, with exception to the first giveaway on the list above that has ended, you have over 20 chances to win this machine beginning today. So be sure to check out all of the above sites and enter for your chance to win.
Trust me when I say you won’t regret it – aside from a few little quirks that had nothing to do with the desktop and more to do with my lack of Windows 7 knowledge, this computer has been nothing but excellent. If you’re in the market for a new machine, then don’t miss these great opportunities to win one!
What Do You Consider When Accepting Review Offers
Now it’s your turn. What questions do you ask when it comes to accepting or declining a product review offer? What reviews have been the most successful and why? Share your thoughts in the comments below!