As recently as decade ago, “content marketing” was an unknown term to the average marketing executive. Today, virtually no company, large or small, can deny the importance of content marketing or the need for a strong web presence.
The Content Marketing Institute (yes, there is such a thing) defines this serious marketing tool as “…a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
This simply means that content marketing is a marketing technique where content is utilized to influence consumer behavior that leads to purchases. But content marketing delivers the relevant information more as a service than a sales pitch. Good content marketing makes a person stop, read, think and act.
Successful content marketing involves
- creating relevant content every day
- a detailed strategic plan
- talented writers
- digital marketing skills
- data analysis
- and coordination of do ezens of moving parts.
It is a monumental task and even the largest companies often look outside their own walls for expertise and support.
If it sounds complicated, you are not alone. Over 70% of marketers revealed that they lack a consistent or integrated content strategy. But content marketing does not have to sound like a foreign language. There are hundreds of businesses and tools that support and guide content marketing programs. Some create content, some scrutinize the data and others may simply distribute the content.
Here are ten content marketing tools to support your company as it enters and grows in this digital age:
- Skyword. This content production system allows companies to optimize the management of writers, employ a SEO scorecard to optimize content and more. Skyword automates everything from content creation to measurement and analytics. Their mission is “Skyword offers the tools to make content marketing a sustainable business process.” Since its beginning in 2010, Skyword has continued to grow year-to-year and shows no signs of slowing down.
- Contently. This is a one-stop content marketing company creates, optimizes and distributes content for businesses. They work with high-quality freelance writers, manage all copywriting assignments and specialize in a variety of media.
- Scripted. If you are just starting out, your company can subcontract writing projects to a team through this online platform. They handle blog posts, social content, product descriptions and pretty much any type of content you need to support your corporate strategy.
- Trendspottr. As one of the hottest content marketing companies today, Trendspottr uses real-time data to identify trending information across social media platforms before these topics become popular. They pride themselves on their expertise in content marketing and assert that they can assist companies to, “Discover and share the right content at the right time with the right audience.”
Search Engine Expertise
Search Engine Optimizing (SEO) is an essential component of content marketing. Although many companies attempt to craft copy that prioritizes their company, brand or products on search engines, most organizations are better served to obtain SEO guidance from business that specialize in this area. After all, you want your company to pop to the top of every search.
- Boostability. This a group of passionate SEO professionals work to optimize the business’ online presence and power. Twice recognized as recognized as one of Inc. Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies, Boostability techies are experts in search engine optimization and social media optimization.
- Ignite Visibility. Search engine optimization is at the core of the Ignite Visibility. The process that this agency uses for SEO has been refined over the last decade and involves optimizing web pages, page titles, meta descriptions and meta keywords for maximum results.
If you have an in-house content writing marketing team, you will still require the support and expertise to analyze the accomplishments of your programs. That’s where web analytic content marketing tools can help. This type of analytics is all about gathering meaningful insights from your content marketing programs for future success.
- Google Analytics. As the most well-known analytic tool, Google Analytics is a free service that generates detailed statistics regarding the visitors to a website. It is said to be the most widely used website statistics service. Google’s web analytics tool allows companies to customize reports, measure the impact of social media and mobile on website traffic, and measure conversion rates.
- Woopra. Using real-time data, Woopra provides detailed individual visitor data within milliseconds and provides businesses with the tools to analyze and measure that data in real time. Woopra even helps brands tracks visitors across multiple devices.
- Webtrends has been around for over 20 years, Webtrends provides web, social and mobile analytics and other software solutions related to digital marketing. They focus on enhancing the consumer experience so that the content translates into a high level of conversions for your business.
- Curata. This simple platform has the key advantage of allowing businesses to drill down on specific content to truly understand what worked, what didn’t work and (most importantly) why. This type of insight helps businesses make informed decisions on content. Other features include supply chain tools, organization calendars and advanced analytical programs.
There is no doubt that content marketing is here to stay. It will influence brand strategy, product development and information distribution far into the future. The marketing software market is expected to grow to more than $32 billion by 2018 and will become one of the fastest-growing areas in high tech.
An effective content marketing program must be dynamic, adaptable and always changing to meet the needs of customers and the consumer climate. Predicting trends, publishing relevant subject matter and evaluating the success of content marketing is an on-going process.
The reward is a winning program that helps you convert well-written content into sales and profits.