The success of any digital marketing campaign largely revolves around the amount of relevant customer information. That’s why email campaigns are an integral part of any digital marketing initiative.
After all, to make your digital marketing campaign an impactful revenue generator, you need to have the email addresses of relevant online customers. Therefore, it is crucial to building a robust list of email addresses.
If you’re planning to start a WordPress website or a blog, list building plugins can offer a reliable and efficient solution to generate a large list of relevant email addresses.
What Is a List Building Plugin?
List building plugins help you capture user information of maximum website visitors. These plugins offer immersive design, high attention-grabbing capabilities, and various customization features to meet the branding guidelines of your business.
You can quickly leverage the plugin to create an email signup form on your website.
Moreover, the plugin offers various capabilities, including analytics, control to display the popup on specific pages, design customization, drag and drop feature, and pre-built templates to instantly create a popup.
What to Look for in a List Building Plugin?
To put it simply, list building plugins help you encourage your prospects to share their email information and engage with promotions and discounts. A perfect list building plugin should be able to help you grow your mailing list quickly.
All in all, a list building plugin can help you grow your email list as well as conversion rate.
Here are a few key features that you should look for in a capable list building plugin:
- Customization – You should be able to customize the form to match your website design. Moreover, make sure to look for capabilities like custom CSS, HTML, and customizable themes/content.
- Robust Analytics – The plugin should be able to generate easy to understand and in-depth reports to gauge the performance of web pages and conversions.
- Themes – Pre-built designs will help you to create opt-in forms instantly. You can also look for drag and drop builder to easily create customized forms.
- Control – You should also be able to control the display of your popups through different events, including time lag, click, specific pages, and posts, among others.
There are several paid and open-source list plugins available for WordPress websites. To make your task easier, we collated the roundup of the top 10 list building plugins.
Best List Building Plugins
Here’s a list of some of the best list building plugins:
- Thrive Leads
- Optin Forms
- WP Subscribe
- Bloom by Elegant Themes
- Sumo (formerly SumoMe)
- PopUp Domination
- Ninja Popups
1. Thrive Leads
Thrive Leads is one of the most popular list building plugins on this list. It offers a faster mechanism to build emailing lists that increases the conversion rate. It comes powered with an attention-grabbing unblockable overlay that displays over the content.
The list building plugin also offers modern user experience and advanced targeting capabilities based on various metrics.
Moreover, you can leverage the option to show or hide forms to different users to boost the conversion rates. It also provides a unique feature, called the ‘Content Lock’ feature, which helps you encourage users to sign-up.
- Provides user-friendly drag and drop editor to create highly customizable designs
- Comes with an in-built highly functional A/B testing engine to help you boost the conversion rate
- Allows you to analyze complex data in the form of simplified reports to gauge the traffic source and performance of your forms
- You can leverage its Sticky Ribbon feature to highlight the most important content
- Easily create a two sign up process
- Its Slide-In form feature is less intrusive than a popup
- Comes equipped with an opt-in form that can be easily embedded at any corner of the website
- Through Scroll Mat, you can fill the screen with your offers
- Boost conversion by offering multiple choices to the customers
- It comes loaded with highly functional and intuitive pre-designed templates
- Reporting is not error-free
- The user interface is confusing at some points
Price: It costs $67 for a single site license, $97 for 5 licenses, and 15 licenses cost $147.
OptimizePress is another one of the most acclaimed list building plugins in the market. It has the capability to build highly functional landing pages, funnels, and sales pages. The plugin comes with over 30 highly customizable templates that can help you boost the conversion rate of your website.
- It receives frequent updates of new features
- Offers over 40 custom elements to easily create highly convertible pages
- The plugin is fully responsive and works perfectly on devices of any screen size
- Its a highly capable page builder that allows users to create user-friendly pages in just four simple steps
- You can also leverage the plugin to create membership portals to create and manage accounts of users
- It’s capable of disseminating drip content among newly registered users
- You can easily create highly detailed packages based on features and prices
- Integrate the plugin with any email marketing solution vendor
- Offers robust support and documentation
- The user interface looks a bit primitive in comparison to other options
Price: Its subscriptions start from $99 and go up to $199 per annum.
3. Optin Forms
Optin Forms lets you create highly immersive forms without the need to know HTML or CSS. All you need to do is to select an email solution, choose the right form design, and customize its looks as per your business’ branding requirements.
Moreover, it works with multiple email solutions, including AWeber, iContact, MailChimp, GetResponse, MadMimi, Interspire Email Marketer, ConvertKit, and MailerLite.
- It offers 5 stunning form designs with options to change text, fonts and color themes
- Its user interface is mobile friendly
- To help you reach the global audience, it offers support with WordPress.org’s Translate WordPress
- You can also connect the form anywhere on your website through a shortcode and simple widget plugin
- Meets your branding needs by hiding the plugin name
- Easily control the location of your form to ensure it is placed at the most targeted position to boost the conversion rate
- It receives regular updates to stay compatible with the latest WordPress version
- Offers reliable support
- Offers limited capabilities
- The user interface is basic
Price: It is available free of cost on WordPress.
4. WP Subscribe
WP Subscribe by MyThemeShop comes equipped with an optimized code to ensure lightning-fast loading on your WordPress website. Moreover, you don’t need any prior technical know-how to install the plugin and build your opt-in form. It also offers a free version with all the relevant features.
On top of that, it also enables you to meet all your branding needs by customizing the plugin through unlimited color. Moreover, to make everything more streamlined, it provides robust integration with various third-party apps, such as Mailchimp, Aweber, and FeedBurner.
- Allows you to easily change the text in the subscription box
- The plugin is fully responsive on devices of any screen size
- Developers can also customize the plugin through custom CSS
- You can leverage the plugin multiple times in multiple sidebars
- Compatible with SEO plugin and caching
- You can place it anywhere on the website
- Create a popup for users who intend to leave your website to decrease the bounce rate and boost conversion rate
- It offers complete support for MailerLite to efficiently build and manage the contact list
- It is also compatible with SEO plugins to help you easily optimize SEO campaigns
- Offers to choose from different pop-up animation to render a unique customer experience
- Leverage custom HTML or Shortcode to enhance the customization
- Loads of features might overwhelm the new user
- Customer support is not responsive
Price: Its price starts from $19 and goes up to $49.
5. Bloom by Elegant Themes
Bloom offers over 100 highly customizable templates, along with multiple display types to meet different UI requirements. The fully responsive plugin also offers highly targeted display settings to boost the conversion rate.
With Bloom, you can also leverage Automatic Fly-In and Pop-Up Triggers to trigger the pop-up after the controlled time delay. Moreover, it provides split testing to help you gauge the performance of multiple variations and better optimization of the campaign.
You can learn more about Bloom in our detailed Elegant Themes review.
- Display opt-in forms on selected posts or pages globally to boost conversion
- Add an infinite number of email users
- Leverage a robust statistics dashboard to track email list and conversion statistics
- Easily export or import the Bloom data to any website
- Its dashboard and opt-in forms are completely responsive. All the content is readable and accessible from devices of any size
- Offers unlimited color options to meet your branding needs
- Add any image and decide its position on the form for better results
- Easily customize edges and borders of the form
- It offers 3 Opt-In form orientations including right, left and bottom
- Provides robust integration with 19 email marketing providers, including MailChimp and HubSpot
- Costlier than other options in the market
- No standalone subscription to the list building plugin
Price: Its yearly subscription costs $89, and a lifetime subscription costs $249.
Leadpages is one of the best list building plugins that can help you skyrocket your conversion rate. It offers code-free integration and over 200 high converting templates to boost your conversion rate easily. Moreover, it provides real-time guidance and AB testing to gauge the performance of different parameters and optimize the campaign accordingly.
- Build a conversion-optimized form without any coding
- Publish in minutes through pre-built template gallery
- Collect quality leads by growing your email subscriber list through instant digital file delivery, opt-in offers, and conversion-optimized web content
- It comes equipped with built-in checkouts, high-converting sales pages, and highly secure online payments option powered by Stripe
- Offers real-time tracking
- Conduct unlimited tests to enhance your marketing results
- Leverage its drag and drop features to build highly immersive landing pages instantly
- Create popups that trigger on time-delays, click, or exit intent
- Easily add popups to any webpage through a few clicks
- Add a non-intrusive and smartphone-friendly alert bar to any webpage to easily capture the attention of website visitor
- Its real-time data dashboard offers easy to understand reports
- It also offers a free trial for 14 days
- Analytics reports are not reliable and accurate
- Subscription cancellation system is cumbersome
Price: Its subscription cost starts from $25 per month and goes up to $199 per month billed annually.
Over a million websites are currently leveraging OptinMonster for their landing pages and list building tasks. It enables users to easily create visually stunning popups. Moreover, one of the best things about it is that it targets the audience in a highly personalized manner to boots sales and conversion rates. It also allows you to test and adjust the campaign in real-time.
- It offers over 70 pre-made lead form capture templates that can be easily customized as per the business requirement
- You can leverage multiple form types including Floating bars, Popups, Fullscreen overlays, and Slide-ins
- It also comes with in-built A/B testing tools to help you gauge the performance of different campaigns
- Use its Exit Intent Technology to personalize the campaign as per the user behavior
- Easily include a button, customize the user action and track their engagement by redirecting traffic to business-critical pages of your website
- Leverage enterprise-grade page-level targeting and segmentation rules to hyper-segment your leads
- Use OnSite Retargeting feature to display personalized offers to different users
- Learn the performance of different pages and split tests to gauge the performance of your marketing campaigns
- Internal analytics is absent – it relies totally on Google Analytics.
- Templates are not completely customizable through custom CSS or HTML
Price: It offers multiple subscription plans starting from $9 per month to $49 per month. All the plans are billed annually.
ConvertBox calls itself the “easy, more intelligent way to convert your visitors.” And if you’ve ever used this plugin, you probably agree (at least to a certain extent).
You have the power to launch lead capture forms, personalized offers, and segmentation funnels to your visitors, all with an easy to use on-site engagement platform.
- Intelligent targeting personalized messages based on your ESP/CRM data
- Ability to create segmentation funnels for better targeting
- Drag and drop editor allowing you to customize every box to match the style of your website
- Easy creation of multiple test variations
- Real-time tracking with detailed analytics and insights
- Somewhat clunky back end with a bigger than average learning curve
- Lack of social sign up options
Price: early access + special lifetime pricing of $395 (while it lasts)
9. Convert Pro
With a guaranteed increase in subscribers and conversions how can you go wrong?
Convert Pro provides a highly efficient and easy to use editor, all with the idea of making pop-ups and opt-in forms available to everyone (even though without coding experience).
Best yet, there’s a “huge library of conversion oriented professionally designed templates” so you can hit the ground running.
- Hundreds of templates to choose from, spanning every industry imaginable
- Simplified A/B testing tool
- Advanced targeting to ensure that you’re providing the right audience with the right message
- A variety of “on click” pop-up options
- Exit intent technology to give visitors one last chance to stick around
- 100 percent responsive for use on all devices
- Design freedom with an intuitive drag and drop editors
- Lack of geolocation targeting
- No support for lightbox animation
Price: $79/year for Convert Pro ($399 for lifetime access) and $249/year for Agency Bundle ($699 for lifetime access)
10. Ninja Popups
Ninja Popups comes equipped with a highly capable add-on plugin to easily display the same popup design in posts and widgets by using a shortcode. It also offers social network locker and page-level targeting capabilities.
Moreover, it makes everything more streamlined by integrating with numerous third-party apps, including GetResponse, Aweber, iContact, Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp, and Mymail.
- You can easily add auto email responders through the optin form
- It also allows you to create your own customized popup through its drag and drop builder
- Keep the popup at any part of the page by adjusting its alignment
- It also offers a large number of free pre-built optin panels
- Easily lock your content through social popup
- Offer free of cost lifetime updates
- The WPML ready plugin enables the user to translate the content of WordPress in any language
- Offer completely responsive themes
- Leverage page-level targeting to roll out customized offers
- Avail hassle-free installation without any coding
- Easily customize the font and placement of content for better results
- Display close button or delay to easily allows users to close the popup
- Slows down the WordPress website
- Customer support is not reliable
Price: Its license fee starts from $27.
So, this is it! These were some of the best list building plugins available on the internet.
It’s essential to make the final decision after going through all the pros and cons carefully.
If you are a small business with a limited budget, then I’d recommend Optin Forms plugin. Moreover, one of the best things about this list building plugin is that it is available free of cost and offers all the relevant features that you would need.
However, if you’re looking for more advanced features and are willing to shell out a decent budget, then you might want to go with Thrive Leads. It offers all the modern capabilities, including A/B testing, robust analytics, user-friendly drag & drop feature, and so forth. Moreover, you can easily leverage the plugin to offer multiple choices to the customer to boost your conversion rate. The plugin’s license fees are also affordable for businesses of all sizes.
If you’re planning to start a new blog, creating attractive list building forms isn’t enough. You might also want to go through our guide on How to Spice up Your Blog Posts for Better Engagement.