There used to be a time when ClickBank was the go-to affiliate marketing program. With thousands of offers, affiliate marketers of all experience levels considered it the cream of the crop.
But that was five or six years ago when info products and courses were relying primarily on third-party providers to manage their affiliate program.
If you’re seeking ClickBank alternatives, you can start with a simple Google search such as “your niche” + affiliate program.
To save yourself some time, here is a list of some of the best affiliate networks and programs for 2020 (and beyond):
JVZoo is similar to ClickBank in the way that it’s a platform exclusively for digital products, such as training courses and ebooks.
Its marketplace allows you to search by top sellers and top categories. Currently, it’s category list includes:
- Business and finance
- Gambling systems
- Health and fitness
- Internet marketing and e-commerce
- Mobile and smartphones
- Publishing and writing
- Writing and speaking
For affiliates on the JVZoo platforms, here’s what you’ll like:
- Free to join and promote
- Thousands of offers to choose from
- Real-time tracking of statistics, such as sales (complete with instant sales notification)
- Option to receive PayPal payments
- Two-tier affiliate commissions on some products
JVZoo has changed direction a few times since launching in 2011. The company has carved out its space at the top of the industry, with it named one of the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America for 2016 and 2017.
For both sellers and affiliates, a long list of features and easy to use system makes JVZoo a top choice.
Unlike many of the ClickBank alternatives on this list, Udemy isn’t an affiliate network. It’s an online learning platform that launched in 2010 as a way of teaching specific subject matter to individuals the world over.
As of 2020, the company has nearly 60,000 instructors teaching more than 50 million students. And since day one, there have been approximately 300 million course enrollments.
As a Udemy affiliate, you have the opportunity to promote thousands of courses – many of which are taught by well-known experts – to your audience.
Program highlights include:
- Dedicated affiliate manager
- Exclusive content
- A commission rate of 20 percent with a seven-day cookie
- Hundreds of banners and promotional assets to use
Perhaps the most powerful feature of the Udemy affiliate program is access to exclusive coupons and unique content. This provides the opportunity to offer your audience something they wouldn’t get by visiting the Udemy website on their own.
With a strong reputation as a top platform for online learning, you have the potential to make waves as a Udemy affiliate.
Similar to Udemy, Mindvalley is an online learning platform. It’s not as large as Udemy, but with 12 million students from 80 countries, it’s no small player in this space.
Unlike Udemy, which has courses on a variety of categories – ranging from web design and development to content creation – Mindvalley only offers personal growth programs
The Mindvalley affiliate program doesn’t take on just anyone, but if you’re accepted you’ll gain access to features such as:
- A commission rate of 30 percent with a 30-day cookie
- Mindvalley sponsored retargeting campaigns (they pay for this, not you)
- A dedicated “Tribe Success Manager” to convert your leads into paying customers
- A dedicated affiliate manager
- Professionally designed creatives
Mindvalley courses don’t come cheap, with an average price of $300. While the cost is higher than many other platforms, the value is unmatched.
With a commission rate of 30 percent and an average sale price of $300, you can expect to earn roughly $90 per sale.
The Mindvalley platform is growing with each passing year, and its affiliate program is keeping pace. And that’s why affiliates are taking notice.
Peerfly considers itself the fastest growing affiliate network in the world. While we can’t substantiate that claim, it’s hard to ignore its more than 2,300 offers to promote.
It’s a challenge to gain market share in this competitive space, but Peerfly has managed to do so thanks to features including:
- Custom-built affiliate platform
- CPA offers as opposed to digital products.
- Offers from publishers all over the world, spanning every vertical
- Guaranteed top payouts (if you find a better rate elsewhere, Peerfly will match it)
- Rewards program and contests for added incentive
- Multiple payment options, including PayPal, Bitcoin, Amazon gift card, check, bank wire, and ACH
Another thing affiliates like about Peerfly – especially those who are new to affiliate marketing – is the free training and tools.
Peerfly shows you the ropes via a variety of training programs, while also providing the tools you need to succeed. This is in contrast to many affiliate programs that approve your application, and then throw you into the fire. Peerfly truly wants you to succeed.
If you’re interested in a cost-per-action based affiliate ad network – as opposed to pushing digital products – Peerfly is an excellent choice.
5. CJ Affiliate
Founded in 1998, CJ Affiliate is one of the oldest affiliate marketing networks. But that doesn’t mean the companies approach to the industry is antiquated. In fact, it’s one of a few networks that have pivoted with the times, which is why publishers and affiliates alike have stuck around.
Before we discuss the top features and benefits of CJ Affiliate, it’s important to note that it’s trusted by some of the most well-known brands in the world. This includes names such as:
- J. Crew
- Office Depot
- InterContinental Hotels Group
If these companies trust CJ Affiliate with their affiliate programs, you can trust them to provide a high-quality experience. Here’s why:
- CJ Affiliate pays out annual publisher commissions in excess of $1.2 billion
- CJ Affiliate continues to sign-up brands of all sizes, spanning a variety of verticals
Here are some of the features that CJ Affiliate affiliates have come to enjoy:
- On-demand insights and analytics
- Access to the CJ Affiliate developer portal
- Access to an experienced, knowledgeable team to help you reach your goals
- Cookieless tracking for uninterrupted tracking and commissioning
One hiccup you may experience is that you’re required to receive approval from individual advertisers, which can slow your progress. Fortunately, a decision comes within three to five days of applying, which is a bit faster than many competitors.
If you’re interested in a long-standing affiliate network with cutting-edge technology, CJ Affiliate may be the solution.
6. Market Health
Do you want to promote some of the world’s best and most well-known beauty products? Are you more interested in becoming an affiliate for physical goods, as opposed to digital products?
If so, Market Health is the answer.
Since 1998, Market Health has been the leading health and beauty affiliate program. And there’s one reason why: it focuses solely on this niche. They know the space inside and out, and have a system in place for helping affiliates achieve success.
Here are some of the many reasons for the success of the Market Health affiliate network:
- Top payouts: When you work with Market Health, you gain access to the highest payouts for the best health and beauty products. As exclusive offers, Market Health has the ability to offer high payouts that aren’t available anywhere else.
- High conversion rate: While a lot of this has to do with your promotional efforts, Market Health helps by providing access to top-selling, highly-rated products. Furthermore, they provide free resources to help with promotion, as well as access to a design team that can help with customization.
- More than 200 products: Market Health manufactures and owns more than 200 products in the niche, which increases the likelihood of finding several that fit your audience.
- Advanced tracking: Real-time tracking allows you to stay up to date with your efforts, thus allowing you to adjust appropriately for the best results.
There’s one last thing that helps Market Health standout from the crowd: custom offers.
The most experienced Market Health affiliates gain direct access to advertisers via custom offers. You probably won’t qualify as a new affiliate, but once you prove yourself it’s something to discuss with your dedicated account manager.
Market Health isn’t the right choice for every affiliate, but it’s one to strongly consider if you are in the health and beauty space.
ShareASale is one of the most well-known affiliate networks, which alone is reason enough to give it a second look.
In addition to a large product list, ShareASale bests many competitors with its simple, straightforward sign up process.
Note: while it’s simple to sign up for ShareASale itself, it’s a bit more challenging to receive approval for individual affiliate programs.
Here’s why ShareASale has been competitive in the affiliate space for 20+ years:
- Partnerships with well-known brands: Think about names such as ModCloth, Grammarly, Balsam Hill, and Fanatics. Merchants are searchable by category, such as fashion, home and garden, and business.
- Advanced technology: As an affiliate, you can’t trust a network that doesn’t have a grip on its technology. This isn’t an issue with ShareASale, thanks to real-time tracking, segmentation, custom link creation, and affiliate API.
- Training webinars: It’s worth mentioning that ShareASale sponsors training webinars every month, touching on everything from the basics of affiliate marketing to more advanced techniques.
If that’s not enough, ShareASale has nearly 4,000 merchants in its network, which almost guarantees that you’ll find several products to promote. Adding to this, the ShareASale customer service team is happy to share merchant recommendations based on your audience and preferred promotional tactics.
ShareASale is a strong player across the board, which is why it has been a popular choice since the early days of online affiliate marketing.
Pepperjam was one of the first companies on the affiliate marketing scene, and after 20+ years it’s still going strong. They attribute its success to “unparalleled technology and service expertise,” but there’s more to it than that.
The one thing you can’t overlook is the partnerships Pepperjam has with industry-leading brands, including the likes of:
- Nordstrom Rack
- Cole Haan
- Ace Hardware
Adding to this, Pepperjam isn’t lying about its dedication to providing class-leading technology. Ascend is the Pepperjam affiliate platform, and it’s designed with four words in mind:
For example, here’s what Pepperjam has to say about Ascend tracking:
Ascend™ provides complete transparency and comprehensive access to your data. From standardized dashboards to integrated fully custom reporting, Ascend provides actionable insights that will help you identify winning strategies and optimize your program’s performance.
When you combine the above with an on-demand self-education and resource center, Pepperjam has positioned itself to attract everyone from beginners to super affiliates.
For the ninth year in a row, in 2020, mThink named Rakuten the best affiliate network in the world. The CEO of mThink summed up the honor by noting the following:
While some other networks appear to be cutting corners to find growth, our survey respondents report increasing satisfaction with Rakuten Marketing, particularly in the quality of the programs available and of the service provided
Rakuten is just as serious about growth as its competitors, but every decision the company makes is done with the interest of its partners and affiliates in mind.
Rakuten runs affiliate programs on behalf of many of the world’s most well-known brands, including:
- New Balance
- Virgin Holidays
- June Jacobs
- Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Skin Care
In addition to competitive payouts, affiliates also enjoy:
- On-going training and support, such as monthly newsletters and educational webinars
- Mobile app tracking (something that many competitors lack)
- Access to tens of thousands of physical products from thousands of brands
- Multi-touch commissioning
Upon signing up for Rakuten, you can search through its library of advertisers to find the ones that best align with your audience. From there, you apply directly with each advertiser, only receiving approval if you meet its standards.
Rakuten’s history of success and willingness to stay current with industry trends has helped it remain at the top of the industry.
With more than 12,000 affiliate programs to its name, FlexOffers has something for every publisher.
Approximately 500 of these 12,000+ advertisers fit into the “premium” category. This means they offer premium payouts that are higher than what you would receive anywhere else.
FlexOffers pays publishers on a NET 30 basis, which is quicker than many affiliate networks. Even better is the fact that top performers receive payments via NET 7, which is tops in the industry.
Other features of FlexOffers include:
- Dedicated affiliate manager: When you have a question or concern, you know exactly where to go. Your dedicated affiliate manager is available to assist you with anything pertaining to your account.
- Access to the FlexRev-$hare program: If you’re seeking another way to earn money, the FlexRev-$hare program is a good place to start. With each publisher you refer, you earn up to 50 percent of the FlexOffers profit.
- Variety of tech services: Every affiliate marketing program provides banners and text links, but FlexOffers doesn’t stop there. You’ll gain access to FTP, APIs, and other tools to help configure your website, track your earnings, and more.
Despite its large pool of advertisers, favorable payment terms, and advanced tech, FlexOffers still flies under the radar at times.
Awin is no small player in the affiliate network space, with more than 15,000 advertisers and 100,000 publishers.
It’s often considered one of the top ClickBank alternatives, thanks to its relationship with companies that produce physical and digital products.
Its advertiser list is among the largest in the space, with brands in categories including:
- Finance and insurance
- Fashion and retail
Awin takes great pride in its intuitive platform, noting the following:
Awin’s easy-to-use platform is designed to make managing affiliate campaigns a breeze. With clear, consistent labels and layouts, a wide range of simple but effective tools and features, and a full reporting suite, the Awin platform is designed to aid any marketing operation, whether you’re a blogger, influencer or full digital marketing team.
Other top features include:
- Searchable advertiser library: With full transparency, you can browse a complete profile of every advertiser in the Awin network.
- Customizable reports: Some networks provide access to cookie-cutter reports that lack in-depth insight. Awin allows you to customize your reports to better track your results and make more informed decisions.
- Faster payments: Awin pays after each transaction is validated, regardless of when they receive payment from the advertiser.
When you combine these features with the sheer size of the Awin advertiser pool, you have a strong affiliate network.
12. Amazon Associates
As an affiliate, it’s critical to do two things:
- Promote products that people want to buy
- Promote products from brands that consumers trust
And that’s why the Amazon Associates program is such a big hit. Not only are there millions of products to promote to your audience, but the Amazon brand needs no introduction.
According to a 2019 Feedvisor consumer survey, 89 percent of respondents said they are more likely to buy a product from Amazon than any other e-commerce website.
The Amazon Associates affiliate program works in a similar manner as others on this list, with some key features including:
- Millions of products to advertise to your audience (spanning almost every industry imaginable)
- No third-party advertiser approvals (which isn’t something you get with larger affiliate networks)
- Earn up to 10 percent on every sale you make
- Industry-leading conversion rates (thanks largely to the name recognition of the Amazon brand)
Amazon also offers detailed reports on your earnings, providing access to report types such as:
- Daily trends
- Payment history
If there’s a downside of the Amazon Associates program, it’s the way payout rates vary by product category. Here are some examples:
- Luxury beauty: 10 percent
- Furniture, home improvement, lawn and garden, and pets: 8 percent
- Outdoors and tools: 5.5 percent
This doesn’t have any effect on how you advertise products to your audience, but it can cause some confusion when deciphering your earnings.
Note: some product categories, such as video games and video game consults, payout as low as one percent.
The Amazon name alone has helped its affiliate program reach the top of the industry. Add this to millions of products to promote and payouts as high as 10 percent, and it’s worth a consideration.
You don’t have to look far to find ClickBank alternatives. These 12 are among the best – and most popular – but there are many others that deserve your attention.
This doesn’t mean you should completely ignore ClickBank, as it still has some value to offer affiliates, but the days of it being the “only game in town” have come and gone.
Now that you’ve learned more about these ClickBank alternatives, choose a few that match your experience, interests, and audience. From there, you’re ready to generate some serious results.